For those with a SC NSX

The supercharger itself makes such greats sounds I don't feel I'm missing anything.

Otto

My Taitec GTLW is no longer heard from inside the car, only the sweet sound of the CTSC. There are few things that sound as good to me as that whine but I sometimes find myself longing for the sound of the exhaust. Then again, if I ever got an exhaust that was louder than what I've got now I'd probably miss the whine. It's a problem trying to decide what I like more, but a problem I don't mind having!

J

Then again, if I ever got an exhaust that was louder than what I've got now I'd probably miss the whine.

Hey, remember when I had that loud exhaust that you said sounded good? Well, I can tell you I really missed the supercharger sound when I had it on. I've been quite happy with the quieter exhaust since April and have postponed my stereo upgrade to boot. :biggrin:

Otto

The supercharger only whines at full throttle. At least that is how the CTSC is, I don't know about centrifugal SC's. So the sound is essentialy unchanged at anything below 3/4 to full throttle. Are you aware of this?

I too like the SC whine, but I can also clearly hear my exhaust over the thing. Its a mix of terrific mechanical noises.

Thanks everyone for the info. Sounds like it wouldn't ruin the natural sound at all, just add to the orchestra.

The supercharger only whines at full throttle. At least that is how the CTSC is, I don't know about centrifugal SC's. So the sound is essentialy unchanged at anything below 3/4 to full throttle. Are you aware of this?

I too like the SC whine, but I can also clearly hear my exhaust over the thing. Its a mix of terrific mechanical noises.

from inside

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmSKQ6XVlSk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmSKQ6XVlSk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

At idle & low power the CTSC only adds a bit of extra sound, sort of like additional A/C compressor noise. At high output, the exhaust and SC whine (more like a growl IMO) both become louder until higher RPMs. Not such a bad sound at all.

What "beautiful engine noise" are you talking about anyway? you can't hear the car's stock exhaust. Just a growl from the intake. That sound is nice, and yes, it is completely gone in my car. The exhaust and SC cover it completely. I am sure its still there. I love the way my car sounds. Its one of its best qualities and 100% better than stock.

everyone and their moma runs up to me all the time to say "holy sh** that thing sounds awesome!". I went to an exhaust place the other day and all 12 employees stopped working to come to the parking lot to hear the car. I left a patch on their lot and 2 weeks later I went back and they were still talking about it. The supercharger adds a nice sound of its own.

At idle & low power the CTSC only adds a bit of extra sound, sort of like additional A/C compressor noise. At high output, the exhaust and SC whine (more like a growl IMO) both become louder until higher RPMs. Not such a bad sound at all.

Agreed its a sound kinda like a well tuned 3.2 or MFI Porsche motor who needs a radio? just a sweet sound.

As you probable have heard in my track videos, the wining of the CTSC is breath taking. The only negative I can mention is the rattling sound coming from the compressor while idling. I have heard that the newer CTSC has no problems with that. Mine is from 1999. Does someone know if there is an update or some sort of solution for this idling rattle for this older CTSC's.

from inside

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmSKQ6XVlSk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmSKQ6XVlSk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Delicious. :biggrin:

As you probable have heard in my track videos, the wining of the CTSC is breath taking. The only negative I can mention is the rattling sound coming from the compressor while idling. I have heard that the newer CTSC has no problems with that. Mine is from 1999. Does someone know if there is an update or some sort of solution for this idling rattle for this older CTSC's.

I had that rattling until I changed the SC oil to RP 2050. its gone I think I will be changing the SC oil every 2000 miles.

Back