For sale in Canada with funny smell?

Anyone seen this car before? I believe it's been for sale in St-Johns, then in Windsor, now in St-Laurent Quebec?

Description goes as such:

1991 ACURA NSX , Sports/Coupe, 98100 kms, $13200, Used, This car is in great condition. Very well maintained. Kept in a climate controlled garage. This car is stock with the exceptions of a few bolt on parts such as exhaust (which sounds great) and a K & N filter kit.

I am the 3rd owner of this car. The 2nd owner of this car is a friend of mine who never drove the car. I have owned it since 60,000 miles.

I always used synthetic oil and Lucas every oil change. This car was never raced.

I have many, many receipts from the dealership and will be happy to provide them upon request.

Current condition...
Paint 9 out of 10
Brand new tires
Newer Science of Speed clutch
Valves have just been adjusted.
There is a pin hole leak in the stock plastic radiator reservoir tank that is so slow that I never replaced. (common in NSX)

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 126
  • nsx2.jpg
    nsx2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 118
Car is still advertised on trader.ca (Quebec region).

It looks very much like this one, although they could be clones of one another

Nope, it's not a clone of that one but it is a clone of one that I saw go on fleabay about a month ago; right down to the post-wash, wet sloped driveway.

That one was in the St. Louis area and if memory serves, the description was very similar- if not exact.

I had watched it go because I don't have a life. I believe it was bought right but feel strongly that it won't be this time. :smile:

scam. Accidented cars sell for more than $13K in canada.

trader.ca is 90% scams these days, almost a waste of time really.

i could never figure out how these scams work. One time i inquired about a low-priced, too-good-to-be-true deal and they responded by telling me that they would:
1. ship the car to me for inspection at their cost and incur the shipping if i returned it.
2. then they wanted me to make a payment into Ebay (paypal?) as a third party while i checked the vehicle out.

i stopped at that point.

Haha, here's the reply I got from the seller:
Hello,
First I want to thank you for question about the 1991 Acura NSX NS. The car is in perfect condition, no damage, perfect shape and the mileage is 98,100. It has all the papers and document and I am also the owner.
The price is CAD $13,200 including shipping to your address (only in Canada). The car is located in Canada but currently I am located in London, United Kingdom, because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents for a while. The transaction will be made only through ebay vehicle purchase protection program also the payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the car, I will receive the payment.

PS: If you are interested in buying it please provide me your FULL NAME and FULL ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER so I can initiate the deal through eBay
I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon and i will also explain you all terms for this transaction.

Thank you,

Basically you log into their "secure" payment site, initiate the money transfer and then you wait...and wait...and wait...:rolleyes:

hey that is funny!
My story was a lady in alaska who was transferred to UK for work. She had to get rid of her car in Anchorage now and would ship it to me provided i put money into Ebay as you describe.
absolutely ridiculous!

Yep! Here's the response I got mid-February:

The car will be shipped from St. John's,
The vehicle is presently in street legal condition for use in worldwide, I have transferred full and perfect documents to ebay and I made a contract with them when I left Canada, to use ebay's protection to handle my deal.

I want to tell you that we will use ebay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them, eBay will supervise over our transaction. They will take care of the shipping (The car is already at the shipping company with all papers and documents ready to be shipped) and all the small details. You will get the car and you will have 15 calendar days return-policy in which you can decide if you will buy the car or not. In the inspection period you can test the vehicle, go with the vehicle at your local mechanic for inspection, but do not put more then 200 Kms on it.
After your inspection period (15 calendar days) In case you won't like the car (not your case) and decide not to purchase it, you will notify eBay and you will send the car back on my expense with no further obligations, if you think the vehicle worth's his value and you will agree with the car and decide to make a final purchase at the end of the inspection period, you will send the funds (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you will keep the car.
Please get back to me with your FULL NAME & FULL ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive your purchase invoice and if you will agree with what will find in the invoice will go from there,
eBay will contact you with an invoice and they will explain you how to start this transaction all the details and instructions for this transaction will be found in the invoice. If you will disagree with the transaction proposed by eBay and ebay's terms, We can simply cancel the whole transaction and you'll not have any obligations to purchase the vehicle or pay for something. I want you to know that I am looking for very serious person with funds available for this vehicle and also I still have a few offer's left.
I will be waiting for your reply to proceed further,

PS: Don't forget to send me your FULL NAME & FULL ADDRESS if you are really interested in this car.

I have seen this kinda e-mail before, its funny that someone would actually send the money. I wish we could catch them redhanded?

I am searching for an NSX and have been following listings on canadatrader.com for some time (among other listings). I found 3 separate scams in the NSXs listed for sale - a 95 listed in Victoria and one other location, and a 92 listed in Ottawa. The 92 was lifted from a listing on autotrader.com in the US. I replied to the 95 ad and received a sob story about the owner having only a few months to live and wanting to find a good home for the car, same stuff about using ebay services, etc.

For some reason someone is targetting canadatrader.com. Maybe we are more gullible than our US cousins! I have notified trader and they removed the listings.

John in Vancouver BC

Back