For a Laugh

ImageServer.psp

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 15 March 2003).]

Hahaa... very funny!

worked for me. if you can't see the above, click here: <A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/mike.m/high_petrol_prices.jpg">high_petrol_prices</A>

Wierd it works then doesn't work. Thanks Neo for hosting it.

What's even wierder is I copy and paste the prime address then it works.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 15 March 2003).]

I like it...It's true..I dont know about other parts of the country but I just payed $2.10 a gallon for 93 octane.

I payed USD 4,75 / galon yesterday (E 1,25 / liter).

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 16 March 2003).]

$1.95 in MI.

Gas prices in California has and always will be a rip off because of the state taxes.

[This message has been edited by AKUDOU (edited 17 March 2003).]

Most of So Cal is in $2.10-$2.35 a gallon for 91 premium.

You want to talk about taxes? How about paying $4.75/gallon (and sometimes more) in England to fill up a 5 carbie 5.3L V12 that gets 12/18mpg because, like you, I bought my cars to indulge. Then, have a yearly inspection in order to register, though they call registering it road tax, you get a road tax disk for 6 months or a year, prices here are a picnic and a bargin! We have it sooo good, just fill it and drive.

[This message has been edited by JaguarXJ6 (edited 18 March 2003).]

Originally posted by AKUDOU:
Originally posted by AKUDOU:
Originally posted by JaguarXJ6:
Most of So Cal is in $2.10-$2.35 a gallon for 91 premium.

You want to talk about taxes? How about paying $4.75/gallon (and sometimes more) in England to fill up a 5 carbie 5.3L V12 that gets 12/18mpg because, like you, I bought my cars to indulge. Then, have a yearly inspection in order to register, though they call registering it road tax, you get a road tax disk for 6 months or a year, prices here are a picnic and a bargin! We have it sooo good, just fill it and drive.

[This message has been edited by JaguarXJ6 (edited 18 March 2003).]
JaguarXJ6: Today 03/18/03 my cost for 93 octane with freight and all taxes is 1.49.550. I sell it for 1.69.9 Shell Branded C-Store. California retail gasoline at the prices that are posted in this forum is a windfall profit in the range of .50 to .60 cents per gallon. I would hate to fill a 50 gallon SUV tank knowing that $30.00 of that was profit.I agree on the just fill it and drive it attitude but paying around .40c a gallon more than most of the population of the U.S.A would bother most people and to add insult to injury you are only getting 91 Octane.

[This message has been edited by AKUDOU (edited 18 March 2003).]

Originally posted by Joel:
Anyone know why we can't get 92 or 93 octane here in Cali?
Okay, kids, gather round. This is important: we spend lots of money for our car, lot of money modifying and taking care of it, lots of effort and pride in owning it. So if someone comes along and proposes to give you something that would increase your enjoyment in driving by exponential measures and it would only cost you two or three bucks per tank of gas.Well, this is the case for TOLUENE and what it can do for your NSX if you have been using anything less than 92 octane.Get some.Try it. No harm, no risk. Use about 24-32 ounces per 1/2 to full tank. You will not look debonair. You will have to suspend your "cool" look. You may want to try this alone. YOU WILL HAVE THE SHITTEST, MOST PLASTER, GRIN ON YOUR FACE YOU HAVE EVER HAD! The end of the 91 octane problem in California.

Back