fog lights

does anyone here know if you can turn on the fog lights on a canadian model nsx while the headlights are on? if so, where is the freaking button..

thanks in advance...

Had the european foglights - AFAIK it's one of the buttons in the middle console between the seats near the handbrake lever - one for rear foglights, the other for the front - hope I'm right.

nsx300 said:
does anyone here know if you can turn on the fog lights on a canadian model nsx while the headlights are on? if so, where is the freaking button..

thanks in advance...

On the Canadian model those are not 'fog lights', they are Daytime Running Lamps and are on all the time when the car is running. There is not a switch to turn them on and off.

Actually, on some Canadian cars, the DRL's will go off if you turn the headlights on and there may not be a way you can have both on at the same time. I had a '93 Probe (which also has flip up headlights like the NSX) and when it came from the factory, you couldn't have both on .. and then they issued a service bulletin which added a switch so you could turn them on if you wanted to. The DRL relay control can be quite complex .. for example, on the Probe, they wouldn't go on until you released the parking brake .. so they're not "always on" when the engine is running as some people think.

drl lights are turned on when the hand brake is put down. they remain on until the headlights are turned on or the ignition switched off. they don't operate with the headlights on at all. if you changed the wiring you can have them operated from a seperate switch however they can't be on with the highbeam lights. you can get a ticket for that.

thanks a lot for all the help, really cleared things up because I was seeing some in pictures from somewhere and they had both on..
thanks..

Back