Flying out tomorrow

Flying out tomorrow morning to pick up my new car and drive it home. Feel like I got a good deal. 1991 red/tan with 40k miles. It just left the Acura dealer today with new: tires, water pump, belts, all gasket leaks fixed, AC fixed and converted to r134...$5000 in receits from the dealer. Also purchased from this board a set of 2000 wheels. Total cost will be $24,500 for all. Once I drive it home I will be looking into exhaust. Anyone have an aftemarket that they want to sell? See you soon.
Doug

Does this car have a clean title or has it been in any accidents???? If not, that's an awesome price for that low mileage and maintenance.

Just curious: Is this the 91 that's located outside of Dallas (817 number), that was listed at $22.9K on cars.com?

Sounds very similar to the one I called a guy about, but never got around to looking at. I saw a thread from stevenlee ("need advice on buying salvage title NSX") and assumed it was the same one. All the pertinent information sounds very similar (91 red/tan, ~40K miles).
That's the main reason I passed on taking a look.

The owner did mention some repainting in the rear of the car, but said he didn't know the reason.

Did you run a carfax on it, to make sure there are no skeletons in the closet?

If this is not the same one (or not even the same state), then I apologize. Didn't want to alarm you, but if it is, I figured you might want to know.

George

Yes that is probably the same car. I spoke with the owner a few times and he appears to be a very straight guy. He took the car in trade for a Ferrari and was trying to get only the $ he had into the car. He plays with Ferraris as a hobby. Spoke with the Acura dealer as well who says that they cant even figure out why the rear had a repainted panel. Probably a keyed car or small repair. Owner actually wants first right of refusal if I ever go to sell it whether it is 2 months or 2 years. He wants to eventually build a track car but not for another couple of years and he knows that this car is right. The service included a compression and leakdown test and Vtec test as well as all the services.
I've owned quite a few sports cars and can usually spot a wreck. I can always walk awaybut it appears to be a keeper. 900 miles of driving ahead of me.

Called again and had faxes sent. I am going to pass on this one. Acura dealer give thumbs up but I know about potential problems down the road. Title looks clean but my state is critical of incoming cars and this is a potential problem due to the CARFAX.
Thanks for the heads up.
Now I will have a set of 2000 wheels with no car:)

I went and took a look at that car yesterday and was gonna buy it for $24k, it looked in good condition, ran smooth and thenl he told me it had a 'salvage title', so im passin on this one.

Guys,

Can we get the VIN for this so we can post it here??

Thanks,
LarryB

One future owner looking out for another. :p
I was real tempted by this car myself, even though red is not my preference (I drive a red car now, need something different), but the deal sounded great. Now I know why.

My NSX purchase is not planned until the end of the year, at the earliest, but if I find a screaming deal, I will go for it.

I may go to check out this car anyway, armed with the check lists from this forum, just to get some practice.

Doug,
Could you elaborate on the potential problems that you referred to (apart from the salvage title)?

George

Back