flame test

OK what can I buy for 15k.

I see S2000s on boston craigslist for about that or less with low daily driver miles. I will keep reading compares here. NSX is hugely superior for me but s2000 is still one-car-per-life-cool.

Say no more about S2000 or my low mile 99 Miata, its like a kid sister instead of new girlfriend. It doesn't even have headers.

I saw a circa 1999 price/condition/year matrix showing 1991 shipwrecks for my price range. Craigslist boston had a claimed nice one for that range and now has a "rear end damage repair - mint" for 25k.

No I haven't sat in one. Duh. Will soon. Prepared to carve out seat foam and bend gas pedal for fit. Like look of OEM seat.

I can say I apparently punched a hole in passenger seat of fresh Testarossa with screwdriver in my rear pocket and got away with it by grace of gods. He was a billionaire and saw me as non-kill-worthy slave. How many of you can say that. Maybe the hole was already there. I told him he should not change the stereo.

My shop mate was heard to be redlining it around our small town, then drove at stately 1 mph into parking lot. "Hi. We test drive all our installs sir" " I like your brass. Let him live too."

Last edited:
Stick with the S2000 in that range.

Any of the NSX's you find will be scams or incredibly trashed.

You might want to have a more organized purpose with your thread posts, but welcome to NSX Prime.

What can i say so ya see this is how it be on the flyby.i don't feel it is up to us to be cool but buy this or that is great.Any day is a good day to be alive so mymy.

Please wait 5 years, take some grammar lessons, then repost.

I don't want to hear from you before that. :confused:

:confused:

Was completely confused about the last half, but If you have 15k I hear the S2k is definately a good starter before owning the NSX.

What can i say so ya see this is how it be on the flyby.i don't feel it is up to us to be cool but buy this or that is great.Any day is a good day to be alive so mymy.

WOW! Doc, I didn't realize you spoke the language.:biggrin:

The 15k Dream Machine! Humm good question...

I would look at...

Civic Si
Honda S2000
VW GTI (337 edition if you can find one, but the 20th will work too)
350z
Toyta Tacoma X Runner (Drive one, you will understand :-)
BMW 325i e30 or e36 in good condition
Lexus IS300
Jetta GLI

Or... Dump 15k into a fierro and kill everyone! :biggrin:

My shop mate was heard to be redlining it around our small town, then drove at stately 1 mph into parking lot. "Hi. We test drive all our installs sir" " I like your brass. Let him live too."

I was not is the understand that is like your think.

15000 could buy you about 3 semesters in your local community college. Try spending your money there. And take the bus.

That is so funny. I am laughing my butt off.:biggrin::biggrin:

OK what can I buy for 15k.

I see S2000s on boston craigslist for about that or less with low daily driver miles. I will keep reading compares here. NSX is hugely superior for me but s2000 is still one-car-per-life-cool.

Say no more about S2000 or my low mile 99 Miata, its like a kid sister instead of new girlfriend. It doesn't even have headers.

I saw a circa 1999 price/condition/year matrix showing 1991 shipwrecks for my price range. Craigslist boston had a claimed nice one for that range and now has a "rear end damage repair - mint" for 25k.

No I haven't sat in one. Duh. Will soon. Prepared to carve out seat foam and bend gas pedal for fit. Like look of OEM seat.

I can say I apparently punched a hole in passenger seat of fresh Testarossa with screwdriver in my rear pocket and got away with it by grace of gods. He was a billionaire and saw me as non-kill-worthy slave. How many of you can say that. Maybe the hole was already there. I told him he should not change the stereo.

Well first things first. You'll need to find the cabbage knife for your rear end housing. These have a tendency of going out. After you do that, grab any jelly pudding blue book to see if you were right in the first place. If you were, well then it's time for the sauce! If not, no worries there partner. Just keep trucking to the next one in line. You'll find it. And when she has a hat on. You'll know it's time to put the kids to bed.

1991 through 2002 are bullet proof. They've got the thicker tires. But if you need something more invisible, I'd take the train. In 2005 they stopped making them. But Craigslist in Boston is a great place to squash bugs. Those screwdrivers are dangerous!

I think we need a f'n decoder ring to decipher that POS diatribe. After a couple of beers, it makes a tad more sense. I agree with many of the posts here. Go to school and learn some GD english. A lobotomy may help, too......

Oh Jonny, Jonny...

After reading these posts, I don't think we are going to hear from you again.

Good luck with your Mazda...

John

Your info says you are an account. Do a little research and find the car you can afford and want to drive. The ribbing here is just fun -- take it with a grain of salt. We all want you to have an NSX, we just want you to go into the purchase with your eyes wide open -- same for buying anything whether it is a car or a washing machine. Never let anyone crush your dreams -- No one can make you feel bad without your permission.

My view -- I think a $15K NSX will take a lot of money after purchase to make it the car you really want. If you are married and the spousal unit says $15K, then you might be able to get one that is rough. You will probably have to spend another $10K or so to make it the car you want it to be. "Money for nothing". Good luck.

cheers,
Martin

It's great to see that there are some nice people on Prime compared to other Car Forums. I believe the topic is called Flame Test, so I think this was a joke. LOL, bending gas pedals and ripping seat foam.

would be easier to flame if anybody could actualy understand what he was saying, that post made my head hurt

a better "flame test" would be:

ay, i B try'n 2 ghet oUt mah' '91 rAcE AN sHoW reddy 'STang, h00ked up wid nawz, it B hella fAst but MaH' babBy maMma needz da' FaM Car So i B sellinz it, AF that i WanTZ helLa JdM rayce Cahh u KN00

i B thynkinz bout R dirty 4 sKYliNez buTTS dey B' harDZ 2 GeTTS Fruum my H00kupz In JApan to ovAA hurrrE'

So i B Plan'n OHN buYin da 05 NsX , cAn I FYNE 1 FO' lykE 15' G's cuz I B seeyin DEM on da' auT0trada.com Fo' Like Dat much all deh tYme Butz hellAAh Farz FRomzz mEh'

now my head hurts even more:tongue:

15000 could buy you about 3 semesters in your local community college. Try spending your money there. And take the bus.

Community college?

15K gets me 4 semesters at UTK. :tongue:

Call me stupid, call me dumb, or call me Forest Gump.
I read the original post 5 times, and I still have no clue what the OP is asking or commenting about.:confused:
I guess the flame test is working.:biggrin:

Back