Fixed position seat rails for passenger side Recaros?

Apologies in advance if I'm being thick here...I'm trying to find a fixed position seat mount for a Recaro ABE on the passenger side. Trying to save a little weight and can't see why I'd need to have the passenger seat adjustable.

Can't seem to find anything available. What am I missing?

Apologies in advance if I'm being thick here...I'm trying to find a fixed position seat mount for a Recaro ABE on the passenger side. Trying to save a little weight and can't see why I'd need to have the passenger seat adjustable.

Can't seem to find anything available. What am I missing?
I got mine from Wedge, but it looks like he now only does mounts for Corbeau.

There's also Planted Brackets

PCI has seat brackets too.

I would say before you go that route though, consider if you'll be able to get the seat into an acceptable position first. What i mean is, without sliders to move the seat, your access to the mounting points will be limited. The seat must be bolted to the bracket in a manner which you can access either the seat side mounts or the bracket bolts to get the seat into the car. This is usually a tough task with small cabin 2 seaters as there isn't much room to access the side brackets with the proximity to the center console tunnel nor is there room to access the rear seat bracket bolts due to the proximity to the firewall. So for example, if you wanted your passenger seat as far back as possible due to a tall passenger, you may not be able to position it back that far while keeping access to the rear bracket bolts.

Chris, that's an excellent point, exactly the kind of thing I don't think about until it's too late :). I can see that the seat would have to be forward a bit from the firewall to reach the back bolts fastening the bracket to the floor. I'm gonna give it a try with the seat pre-attached to the bracket, and I'll report on my degree of success. Maybe a super long extension would work, attacking the rear mounts from above after the seat is in place...

Chris, that's an excellent point, exactly the kind of thing I don't think about until it's too late :). I can see that the seat would have to be forward a bit from the firewall to reach the back bolts fastening the bracket to the floor. I'm gonna give it a try with the seat pre-attached to the bracket, and I'll report on my degree of success. Maybe a super long extension would work, attacking the rear mounts from above after the seat is in place...
Yes be prepared with a way to fish the bolts into place (tape on a socket or magnetic socket) and also a way to retrieve any dropped bolts that may make their way into hard to reach crevices. Might be a good idea to bolt the rear first before the front for this reason.

Back