First timer California help

Hello all, I am in the market for an NSX. Can anyone out there tell what precautions I need to watch for bring in an NSX into California from another state. The emmisions standards are brutal here.

smog check should be no problem..I bought my first one in Oregon and had to get it smogged in Cali and it passed with flying colors...The tech actually couldn't believe how clean it was for being a 91:eek: DMV will stick you for tags and taxes which aren't cheap:frown:

Ruddyduck said:
Hello all, I am in the market for an NSX. Can anyone out there tell what precautions I need to watch for bring in an NSX into California from another state. The emmisions standards are brutal here.
i would simply get it smogged whatever state it is in and take the faxed results to a smog center in californeeya see what they say.

All NSXs are 50-state legal. Outside of bad upkeep or massive modifications, you shouldn't have any problems.

You will have to bring the car to a AAA (if you're a member) or DMV to have the VIN and emissions certification sticker verified though.

CDX_NSX is correct. My car came from Mass with Comptech headers and exhaust installed and it passed smog with no problems.

Check the faqs and you can talk to Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura.

Thanks to all That was my biggest concern. Looks like I'll be OK Let the shopping begin.

Back