First time MR Owner

I've always wanted an MR car. In college I almost bit the bullet on a turbo SW20 w/ ~50k on the clock for 4,500. Still kicking myself I didn't, but the jzz3x that I went with didn't do so bad in holding it's value either.

Anyways, I am the proud new owner of a 1994 Black/Black NSX. The car appears to be pretty well taken care of, and shows great mechanical properties so far. Since it is so well sorted out mechanically, I will be focusing my efforts on the aesthetics and the driver.

Some Details
1994 NSX Black/Black 5 Spd w/ ~85k miles
Water Pump and Timing belt work completed
Most work done by Driving Ambition
Comptech Autorotor Supercharger
Comptech Headers, Strut Braces, CF Intake, Sways, Short Shifter, Rear Beam and Toe Links
Cantrell Exhaust

Short Gear set (OR rebuilt oem based off receipts) w/ OS Giken 4.4 LSD
Powergrip 2 Clutch
Eibach Springs w/ Billstein Shocks
High Boost Support
-Water/Air Intercooler
-440cc injectors
-aem fpr and fic
-Colder NGK plugs (7)

Today I ordered a new set of wheels for it, Wedssport SA60m's in 18/18 combo. I also put a hold on a set of SA10s in 17/18. This is why you see the wheels that came with it listed in the for sale section (if i did that correctly).

I was told the car wasn't tracked, but the fluids used during services are a bit extreme. I've already put a few hard miles on it, and it seems to run like a champ and drives straight. I'll be taking it apart and putting it back together this winter to learn more about it.

As a side note, I don't intend to keep the car long. IF i'm able to pay it off by next year, my current intentions are to sell it next summer. There is the chance it could grow on me before then, or something with the house breaks.

The biggest disappointment with the vehicle so far is finding out that it can't fit 225/40/18's in the front...

The history of my vehicles is as follows: '98 Celica (slow, auto), '93 sc300 (1jz gt4067), '10 Evo X (bpu, great car to get confident with).
I now have a '06 TSX 6spd (dd), 98 240sx (the 'fix me' car), and the NSX (TBD)

23.jpgLexus24.jpgOVR_PE9_MM%20-%20195.jpg

225/40-18 has fit under the factory fenders with the right offset. Go to a wider front fender and remove the liners and it'll likely be much easier. There are a few of us that are going down that path.

B2Finity, I'll get some photos up as soon as I have the new wheels on (should be soon).

Stuntman, I was looking at the Big Wheel thread where everyone's trying to figure out how to stay on the extreme summer performance group of tires. I didn't see a mention of the "right" offset. Can you point me towards some better search terms? Also, do most people go with the revision of the OEM alignment, or more aggressive specs? I have to keep this in mind when i'm looking at other's selections.

As additional information, the Celica was my first car. I bought the SC300 in 2005, and sold in 2011. The Evo X I bought in 2009, and sold a couple months ago. The 240, TSX, and NSX were purchased within the last 12 months. I may sell the 240SX and focus on the two Acuras for a bit, and then get a BRZ/FRS to replace it in a while (seeing those things put down 400+ hp is promising).

Definitely let's see some pics, but shame on you for already planning to sell your NSX, just keep it clean and well maintained if that's the plan, no need to spend money on mods.

Definitely let's see some pics, but shame on you for already planning to sell your NSX, just keep it clean and well maintained if that's the plan, no need to spend money on mods.

Agree with this.
If you are flipping the car in a year you'll likely only get .50 cents on the dollar for mods so why bother?

There is another car I've wanted since 2006, and I may have a chance to get it soon. The acura was a much simpler purchase...
it also allows me to get familiar with MR layouts a bit...

I was given all the stock parts with the car, in case I want to strip it of the ctsc, LSD, and some other expensive parts.
I am not in a huge rush to get rid of it. So far it is amazing. I just know what I want, and figured I should be up front about it.

There is another car I've wanted since 2006, and I may have a chance to get it soon. I just know what I want, and figured I should be up front about it.

I'd say pretty much all NSX owners have owned cars before their NSX and some may sell their NSX's and buy another marque but I don't think it's a requirement to list your car ownership nor your car sale and purchase plans.

Back