First time behind the wheel of an nsx

GQ NSX

Registered Member
Well as I had asked earlier this week for a Carfax, it finally came to use. I checked out a 1996 NSX, 5 speed, I don't think it was stock exhaust, it had 4 tips. It sounded WONDERFUL. It was a green color, too lazy to check the exact type. I've rode in NSX's before, including one with a GJ turbo kit on it.

CLiff notes at bottom:

Driving it, however, was something completely different. :eek:

The moment I got in the drivers seat, you get to know how low the car really is. It had the top off, and it was a sunny day, so that was sick. I took off the ebrake, and to get outta the lot, there was a pretty high degree decline. Salesman was like "Take it reallll easy man.." Of course I did. Getting out of the lot I took it to redline, shift to second...MAN OH MAN! ahha I swear it felt like the fastest car I've ever been in, period (despite those 10 second domestics :D ) I noticed clutch did engage about half way as most of you had said. THe gear box I noticed is "tight" compared to my friend's RSX type S. The overall feel was very nice.

It was a great car..had about 60 k miles, and they were askign about $38k. However for a car of that caliber, it was in horrible condition. There was a dent on the driver side, swirl marks all over, clean seats but VERY dirty speaker enclosures and carpets. This definitely dissapointed me. I ended up NOT buying the car for these reasons. I figure if I'm going to drop that much on a car, it sure as hell better be in mint condition.

I'm definitely going to buy an NSX in the future. If anyone sees one reasonably priced in the Northern California or Bay Area (i'm willing to travel a 200 mile radius), I'm ready to buy. Hit me up!

CLIFF NOTES: I finally drove an NSX, felt great but it was in horrible condition; so I didn't buy it.

THANKS for hearing me out guys!

peace

[ravi];) :(

Back