First Roadtrip

Well, this is my first post to the group, so a little introduction...I live in St Louis, I've been a big fan of midengines for a long time. Finally got my first NSX, Black '96 with tan interior and only 25K miles. Haven't gotten it yet, I will be picking it up from Connecticuit and driving it back. I decided I didn't trust people shipping it, and it is a little quality time with the new gal in my life :)

Anyway, I was curious what advice people in the group had for my first adventure with my new toy.

Also, I was curious if anyone knew about the correct process for the license plate thing. Do I need to get a temporary permit from CT?

Later,
Tom

Congrats,

What I do when picking up a car out of State, is go to my home State DMV (NH) and get a 21 Temp day plate before leaving.

I don't know your state's process, but here all you need is a Purchase and Sales agreement or a bill of sale.

You should check with your DMV. Some States will try to collect in State Sales Taxes if you buy and get a local temp plate.

I would check.

CGood luck,
Rich

PS. Don't forget the call to your insurance agent before departing.

Last edited:
Hi

My advice would be to take a lot of pictures on your way home and post them here.

Here is when I drove from Switzerland to Norway with mine.

Here is my summervacation in the NSX.

I enjoy writing these triplogs and I would really like to be reading other peoples triplogs.

So take a digital camera and snap as many pictures of the NSX as you can and post the best ones here when you get home.

Enjoy your trip. It will surely be fun

Regards

Welcome! When are you picking it up? Where do you live in St. Louis? You are not going to get much quality time with the gal unless you fly down there and drive back together tough. Congrats.

jlindy said:
Welcome! When are you picking it up? Where do you live in St. Louis? You are not going to get much quality time with the gal unless you fly down there and drive back together tough. Congrats.

The NSX is the "new gal" in my life...and with how much I'm paying for it, the only one I will be affording in the near future.

Tom

jlindy said:
Where do you live in St. Louis?

I live up in Ferguson; work for MacBoeing

b1gcountry said:
Well, this is my first post to the group, so a little introduction...I live in St Louis... Finally got my first NSX, Black '96 with tan interior and only 25K miles.
Congrats and welcome, Tom. I hope you have an opportunity to get together with some of the other locals this year.

b1gcountry said:
I live up in Ferguson; work for MacBoeing

Hello There! Another black NSX is the hood. I am in North County as well.
Len

Back