First Road Trip with NSX

Not really a "road trip" but Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. Did it in 2 hrs and 45 minutes, avg speed probably around 85-90mph.

Orlando was awesome!! A HUGE import scene up there. I found a pack of probably 20-30 locals that kept driving from place to place avoiding cops. Everytime we stopped, about 4 or 5 of them flagged me down and asked to talk with me and all. Only 3 or 4 challenged me, but I don't race.

All and all, it was a great trip and proved the reliability of my one-week-owned NSX
smile.gif

Get used to the attention. I have noticed that other drivers act very strangely around you when you drive an NSX. What I see most often is:

- Everyone wants to race you no matter what they are driving, most particularly BMWs.
- For some reason people tend to stop about 2 inches from your rear bumper.
- I have witnessed several near accidents when other drivers are distracted while trying to figure out what kind of car you are driving. Most think it's a Vette until they almost hit you.
- Of course, there's the chick magnet that my wife would like to deactivate.....
biggrin.gif

Mine's been called a Ferrari, Lambo, and ?viper?...dont get the last one either. I haven't had too much trouble with people almost hitting me, but alot of bimmers try to get some, not to mention every guy/girl in a ricer out there.

I love my NSX...now, where is that car..when it is here.
frown.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales...contact me for all your wheel and tire needs.
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)
2002 Honda S2000
1996 Acura Integra GSR
1990 Honda Accord EX
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8

I believe I read a post here or on the mail lists some time ago about an NSX enthusiast getting a ticket for speeding. He was trying to catch up to an NSX to get a good look and got nabbed.

Back