First Ride/Drive: WOW!!!

My first ride on an NSX was in the driver's seat, which is way more than I expected. A million thanks to NSXWIND for taking the time to answer all my questions and for letting me get on the pilot seat -- in the rain!

I am very impressed with the car. Everything I have read about it is true (I'll get to that in a bit). There are so many things I want to describe -- where should I start?

Ah, what I like most. I like the music that the engine makes during acceleration. The "race car" sounds behind my head is so addicting! I wanted to exit and enter the freeway over and over again, just so I can take it above 5K rpm and listen to the wonderful engine song that is pure aural pleasure. It's still haunting me 'til this minute!

I was surprised at how easy it was to drive and maneuver despite the lack of power steering and NSXWIND's racing clutch. Steering around in the parking lot was much easier than when my Integra's power steering failed. (Maybe it's because the NSX front is lighter - mid engine) The racing clutch felt firm and precise, yet it wasn't such a chore in stop and go traffic.

Just as many of the magazine reviews have mentioned, the view from within the NSX is amazing! It literally feels like I'm driving in a sedan, except a lot lower! Front, sides and rear were easy to see. In fact, I couldn't even see the hood so it felt like there was nothing but road ahead. :D

The leather seats are quite comfortable and the side bolsters provided great lateral support -- especially during that hairpin 210 West freeway entrance on Rosemead/Foothill. Overall I was comfortable because the interior exudes luxury.

The exterior elicits passion. All the oohs, aahs, and drooling that I've done since 1991 returned. Taking my eyes off the car was difficult and I may need therapy to recover.

That's it! I'm out of excuses and I've ran out of reasons to not buy the NSX. It can be civilized enough to be a daily driver and can get angry enough to be a race car. It is comfortable, fast, reliable and can store a decent amount items in the trunk. I'm hooked! I'm addicted to the sound! I appreciate high-strung performance and being rewarded by extracting it.

Just like what others have said in the forum: The NSX is not for everyone but I can honestly say that it IS for me. It FEELS like the perfect sports car for my driving style and preference. I believe that with the help of enthusiasts such as NSXWIND and the vast info and wisdom from this site, I will be able to make an educated purchase on the car that I couldn't even dream of affording before my first NSX Prime login.

Thanks again NSXWIND. I'm now on a mission and I have tunnel vision. I will get my X soon...

drewdeezee said:
Front, sides and rear were easy to see

Sounds like you're hooked, but you'd be generous if you said these cars have good rearward visibility, lane changing is a mirrors-only affair IMO.

Joel said:
The NSX should be classified as a drug, like coffee.
Or do we want the FDA hounding our backs? :cool:

Just call it a "supplement" instead.

hi Drew

I am very glad that you enjoy NSX, I am pretty sure you'll have one soon. remember don't give up searching :D if you find anything good, give me a call or pm, so I can go check it out with you. :D

I washed the car yesterday, after it was exposed in rain. the funny thing is that after I finish drying the car and starting to apply wax, it rain again :( than I had to wash and dry it again in my garage. what a day

NSXWIND said:
hi Drew

I am very glad that you enjoy NSX, I am pretty sure you'll have one soon. remember don't give up searching :D if you find anything good, give me a call or pm, so I can go check it out with you. :D

I washed the car yesterday, after it was exposed in rain. the funny thing is that after I finish drying the car and starting to apply wax, it rain again :( than I had to wash and dry it again in my garage. what a day

I wish I had your NSX problems -- cuz it would mean I'd have an NSX! :D

Thanks Wind! You and this board will be the first I ask regarding anything NSX. Spreading the word. YEEEHAAA!!!

I gave a ride to this fella this week end during the 7th SCCA regional round. About 41 seconds later this grown up man was like a kid again. He thanked me over and over and over and over again, told me how much I made his day, week, month, year, you name it. Wow ! never thought a 41s ride around a few cones could make someone that excited. Now he wants to sell his car to get an NSX. Just unbelievable stuff ! we are really blessed to be owners of such an amazing automobile :)

:D

Hey Everyone!

I can only afford NSXs in the price range of $25k-$35k and I wanted to announce how happy I am with the insurance quotes my company gave me. While certainly not the best, it's very affordable compared to what I imagined.

Full coverage, $500 deductible, uninsured motorist:

1991 NSX approx. $1150/yr

1994 NSX approx $1350/yr

I'm another step closer to getting my NSX.

-Drew

drewdeezee said:
:D
I'm another step closer to getting my NSX.

you already being in CA, that's actually many more steps closer than you think ;) Just ask us in the southern east coast how often we see one around (the one we already own does not count !!! :D )

Drewdeezee,

For $25-35k, I am sure you will be able to get a decent older model Nsx. The condition depends on how long and careful you intend to look for one. And believe me, finding your Nsx is one of the best parts in the Nsx experience. I remember all those hours on ebay and autotrader; t'was a lot of fun. Also, ask us owners to inspect/look at potential Nsx's if you do find one. Helping a future owner find an Nsx is something most of us find a pleasure to do.

K.O. said:
Drewdeezee,

For $25-35k, I am sure you will be able to get a decent older model Nsx. The condition depends on how long and careful you intend to look for one. And believe me, finding your Nsx is one of the best parts in the Nsx experience. I remember all those hours on ebay and autotrader; t'was a lot of fun. Also, ask us owners to inspect/look at potential Nsx's if you do find one. Helping a future owner find an Nsx is something most of us find a pleasure to do.

Alright then! I won't be shy when I find one and want one checked out! Thanks! :D

PHOEN$X said:
Good job on winning another convert, NSXWIND. :D As nsxtasy says, spread the word.
Ditto. The more converts, less the depreciation! Good job, Wind. :)

Back