first pic I like

1_0110feat.jpg

First pic I like--that is to say, I can see the potential. They need to get rid of the M6 sharknose, and the slit-headlights and I think they may have something. Definitely not an NSX successor, but an amazing sports GT nonetheless.

Article from Forbes:

"
Acura Advanced Sports Car

Odds of reaching production: Certain, in modified form

This prototype, which appears to have a Corvette-inspired hood, previews the successor to Acura’s late, semi-lamented NSX supercar. While the old NSX had a V-6 engine, the new model will have a V-10 and all-wheel drive. Acura declines to state when the NSX successor will arrive. It’s “several years away,” said a spokesman. Look for a more advanced prototype later this year.

"

personally, I think it's just bad...bla..I actually think the corvette looks better. Nothing new here, just same old comic book looks..put it next to a Vantage or something that had some thought behind the design. I'm just not sure who they think their target market is. same folks who buy the sc430's?

ac

It's really sharp in person. I can't wait to see more at the Tokyo show:biggrin:

Nice pic.

I believe this car is going to be a monster.
With the 10 cyl motor there will be gobs of torque and SH-AWD will make it great handling.
The headlamps, IMO, are awesome.
I think once you see it, actually know what goodies they've put in and drive the car you will baconer a fan.

So far, the more I learn about this car, the more I like.
I don't think the looks will change much at all from the final car when they release it.

Nice pic.

I believe this car is going to be a monster.
With the 10 cyl motor there will be gobs of torque and SH-AWD will make it great handling.
The headlamps, IMO, are awesome.
I think once you see it, actually know what goodies they've put in and drive the car you will baconer a fan.

So far, the more I learn about this car, the more I like.
I don't think the looks will change much at all from the final car when they release it.

The sad part is that its going to be more than the viper and vette which will still be faster. The viper is up to 600hp in 08'.....

In person the ASC was cool, but no nsx for sure. I was extremely dissapointed with honda and acura at the DAS ill make a full post about it later today.....

I guess what I'm disappointed in is the change in direction. I've always been a huge mid-engine fan. Just love the feel, look, drive etc. The NSX was an in your face challenge to the world, the "f" car world and every other manufacturer that you could have the best of all worlds. Witness the timeless design. This car still turns heads after almost 17 years.. I believe the NSX could have taken a giant step forward with some “inexpensive” freshening up. Factory turbo/ blower, interior, external styling etc.. The concept car is falling into more of a fad, it seems everywhere you turn everyone is putting out this front engine GT type design. However the true super cars still retain the mid-engine format. Just bigger hp. so, I don't want to slam the new design, just disappointed. I had my checkbook all ready for a new version NSX and now all the air has been let out of my anticipation balloon. Of course I'm a member of the Old Fart crowd and may have different tastes. If I want a front engine GT, it's not going to be from Honda, at least not with this design. It’s just been making me crazy, line the new Camaro, Toyota / Lexus et-al up in a line and they all have that low roof long nose/short deck look. Honda, in my opinion is one if not THE best engineered products in the world, so what ever they do it will be work well. Just not my cup of tea from the styling studio

Hopefully this is one of those styling concepts that gets junked as a wild idea.

Sure, everyone loves the sound of a car with a V10 with AWD. How can you not like it?

We all know this car has absolutely nothing under the hood. It's just a shell showing us exterior styling, which is ugly as hell.

Good catch!!! I love it.. That is SCARY.

Back