First impressions of my X after 1 week of ownership

WOW
i absolutely love this car. There are hardly any where i live and when i drive mine around the reaction from people i get is incredible. i never thought a car would get this much attention. People honk, wave, whistle, stare, follow me point, etc. its crazy.

Pros:
-The stance and handling is wonderful. It feels like its a very sturdy car and handles extremely well. I actually feel safe in such a small car.
-The comfort of the interior is also wonderful. I am not that tall (5' 10") and fit in the car well with enough headroom and plenty of leg room. It reminds me of my previous 300zx(a few cars back) in the feel of the interior. Very nice design of the dash and a very functional layout of the controls.
-Looks are very updated for being a 91. People cannot believe its a 91 when they ask what year it is. Lots of people ask me if its a ferrari and ive heard it reminds them of a corvette.
-I love the no power steering. I feel like i have COMPLETE controll over the car at all times and the steering is really responsive

Cons:
-the height of the car is really low. Mostly has to do with the fact that is lowered but they sit pretty low anyways. I can barely make it up my driveway. This is overlooked due to the fact that i'd give up the extra minute it takes me to creep up the driveway for the appearance that the lowering springs give it.
-The clutch is taking some getting used to(not quite a con). my most recent car was a 95 BMW M3 and the clutch engaged about an inch off the floor. The NSX takes several inches to engage.
-I'm caught up in the phase where im want to drive it every waking moment due to the fact that it makes me soo happy to be in it but not sure i want to drive it that much to prevent wear and tear and depreciation of it.

Other than that there are no CONS that i can think of on this car. There are many other PROS im overlooking im sure but overall im Very confident ive made a good choice in picking up this car.

Dave

Hi Deedubb,
I know the feeling. I just picked up a 2001 4 days ago as well.

The only problem I have is getting OUT of the car.
Im not that big, Im 5'7" and 180. I have to bring the chair back to get out and I still have a hard time. The reason its so close to the front is cuz I need to step on the clutch all the way down...well, almost all the way down to engage it. I havent really tried to engage clutch by stepping on it half way down. Eitherway, I feel abit safer stepping on it all the way down.

In an automatic car, i usualy like to sit far back. As far as I can go but still being able to reach the gas and brakes.
I guess Im just not use to sitting so close to the wheel.

I can live with it, its well worth it. (C=

Take care,
Calvin

deedubb, you might want to try and enter/exit the driveway at the steepest angle you can, this can prevent scraping. My driveway is very steep and I back in with no troubles. My car isn't lowered though.

Congrats!

The attention is crazy, overwhelming at times. :o

Back