First day with a new NSX

Well, it finally came. Yesterday I purchased my very first NSX, 91 black on black. Needless to say, I was extremely impressed with the vehicle and I have owned a vette, a porsche, and a benz in the past. This is by far a better vehilce.

However, on my first day with the car somebody cracked my right rear taillight cover, no note, no sorry. (what is wrong with people these days) Can anyone help me out finding one that doesn't cost me the crazy dealer prices? Everything is fine on the taillight except that the cover is cracked. Do you think that shutting the trunk too hard would do this or is it a case of vandals.

Also, is the spoiler tail light suppose to activate when you step on the brake or does it light up when you turn on the lights period.

Any help would be appreciated.

The spoiler light should only go on when you press the brake. to close the trunk you should press down on the trunk itself and not the spoiler, never slam it down, that will crack your spoiler lens.

jlindy,

Congrats on your new car. Sorry to hear about your mishap, but all is easily fixable. I recommend you take alook at the "parts for sale" forum here. Many folks are parting out carsa nd you will get a good deal on a used one.

Good Luck,
LarryB

Yea, I never thought of that, when I close my trunk i put it to where it closes (not all the way), then push down on the spoiler till i hear a "click". But I should start pusing down on the turnk it self.
If you light is cracked, I would recommened a 02' tail light conversion
smile.gif
they look really, really nice.
sorry to hear about that, next time park far, far, far away from people

Congrats!!!

I am very happy for you.

Welcome to the family.
People do some pretty mean things to stuff that isn't theirs. Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by jlindy:
Well, it finally came. Yesterday I purchased my very first NSX, 91 black on black. Needless to say, I was extremely impressed with the vehicle and I have owned a vette, a porsche, and a benz in the past. This is by far a better vehilce.

However, on my first day with the car somebody cracked my right rear taillight cover, no note, no sorry. (what is wrong with people these days) Can anyone help me out finding one that doesn't cost me the crazy dealer prices? Everything is fine on the taillight except that the cover is cracked. Do you think that shutting the trunk too hard would do this or is it a case of vandals.

Also, is the spoiler tail light suppose to activate when you step on the brake or does it light up when you turn on the lights period.

Any help would be appreciated.

WELCOME!!!
And good luck!!

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

The thing I like most about an all black nsx
Is just about every after market wheel looks great on them. Congrats on your new ride.
I have a set of tail lens that Iam going to get rid of soon make me an offer. I Have all three and I will split them up.

Congrats! looks like we have a ton of new nsx owners in STL these days
smile.gif
. i just got mine less than 2 months ago. also a 91 blk/blk and couldnt be happier w/ it. Im sure ill see you at a local meet sometime soon

good luck w/ the tail lens.. sorry to hear about it

Randy

Originally posted by jlindy:

------------------
91 blk/blk

Back