Finally... NSX in the garage :)

This weekend my 12yo son and I flew out to California and picked up our new minty 2005 NSX and drove it home over the golden gate bridge, through Yosemite and over 9k foot mountain passes, then through the Nevada desert on some EPIC roads, through Vegas, across Hoover dam, and then finally home to Scottsdale. It was an absolutely epic drive and our NSX never missed a beat. Absolute perfection. I am simply blown away at how the NSX handles everything from twisty mountain roads to highway cruising. I have driven a lot of great cars... but this felt so analog, so perfect, and far beyond what a 30yo design should be able to deliver. This thing is so special.

Our car: VIN JH4NA21685S000064 is a red/tan 2005 6sp w/ 32k miles. This car started life here in Scottdale, then moved to San Diego and the CA central valley, before we returned it back to Scottsdale this weekend (where I hope it remains for a LONG time). The car has been owned by NSXPrimer's since day one, so much of its life and points in time it was listed for sale are documented through the pages of NXPrime:) Previous owners include @iroar, Alan Kagan (@GO KRT), Ngoan Nguyen (@skafia) and most recently it was part of Johhny Blazzee's collection on NSXs. Unlike some of his cars that have been rebuilt or modded, this seems to be one that he purchased in nearly perfect condition from @skafia and worked to return it to 100% stock and then left it covered on the top rack in his NSX garage. It had about 1k miles added in the last 10 years but was maintained by Driving Ambition and had a t-belt service 2 years ago.

The car is 100% stock and honestly... it looks new. Johhny did so some paint work to bring everything back to spec (the nose was painted back in 2006 when @iroar had it out on new year's eve and someone bumped it in a parking lot, so I guess the repaint wasn't a perfect match and Johnny decided to address that when he had the car. So, some paint work, but I am okay with that. There isn't a single scratch, nick, ding, chip, etc anywhere on the car, even the undercarriage looks new. You could park this thing on the Acura dealer showroom and people would think it fresh off the boat from Japan. I am really blown away at the condition. It needs nothing... zero... zip. it is perfect in every way. And mechanically... again: perfection... it drives like a brand-new car. The only two tiny issues I could find... a burnt-out blinker bulb and the climate control ambient fan in the dash needs some grease as it buzzes a bit.

So, THANK YOU to this community for taking amazing care of this car over the last 20 years, and I can assure you that it is in good hands now.
20240824_052531314_iOS_00.jpeg

20240824_133306140_iOS.jpeg

20240824_134553928_iOS.jpeg

20240824_135443389_iOS.jpeg
20240824_183729434_iOS.jpeg
20240824_183840353_iOS.jpeg
20240824_212618929_iOS_00.jpeg
20240824_213623322_iOS.jpeg
20240825_022051598_iOS.jpeg
202408253413889_iOS.jpeg
202408255924891_iOS.jpeg

202408265048987_iOS.jpeg
20240824_021335664_iOS.jpeg
20240812_221608883_iOS.jpeg
20240812_222412327_iOS.jpeg
20240812_222400885_iOS.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats! What a great story and it's so cool you got to share that experience with your son! Your car looks amazing and that undercarriage is PERFECT.

Your post indicates that you "get it" about the NSX. It's why so many of us that could afford newer, "better" sports cars keep sticking with this old Honda. There really isn't anything else like it in the world. I wish you many more driving miles- drive it! It's what the Old Man wanted for this car... :)

Road trip alone looked epic... and I'm sure you had A LOT of people looking going through all of those destinations! What a great core memory you've locked in with your son. Your NSX looks stunning! Congratulations!!!

well bought!
Wishing you many happy miles.
Please join the nsxca and try to make some local club events.

Congrats! What a great story and it's so cool you got to share that experience with your son! Your car looks amazing and that undercarriage is PERFECT.

Your post indicates that you "get it" about the NSX. It's why so many of us that could afford newer, "better" sports cars keep sticking with this old Honda. There really isn't anything else like it in the world. I wish you many more driving miles- drive it! It's what the Old Man wanted for this car... :)
Thanks. I have had a passion for special cars my entire life, especially the Japan cars of the 90's. And maybe it helps that I was in high school when the NSX came out and our auto shop teacher covered an entire wall in NSX posters :). My first car was a red 1987 Honda CRX Si... so, it seems fitting to be back in a red honda two-seater:). Shortly after collage I picked up a 1995 M Edition Miata with low miles and loved that car because it was so simple and raw. I also have a great deal of passion for the 300XZTT.. the Z32. To me (as a kid) it was so cool. A GT car, so different category than the NSX, but I loved them and later in life had a 95 convertible and then found my dream... a 1995 TT SMZ (#38 of 47 cars Steve built) with 23k miles on it for $26k. I did everything I could to increase the awareness of how special I thought the SMZ was... sort of a forgotten gem. I flew down and met with Steve Millen in his shop for a day, talked about the project, the cars, asking lots of questions. But at the time, the world wasn't ready to realize they were special in their own way. (the recent SMZ sales on BAT indicate that collectors now understand:-O). I sold the SMZ(a huge regret) once we started having kids because i wanted my fun car to be family friendly, so I picked up an B8.5 Audi RS5 Cab. Also, rare and unique and underappreciated when they were new. I still have the RS5, but I have always wanted to put something back in the garage that is truly special, and I realized it was finally time to grab an NSX :) So.. dream realized. I could have grabbed an R8 or a nice Porsche, McLaren, etc but none of those cars would have been very exciting for me and I don't think I would have kept it very long. The NSX... well... I hope this one is something I hand down to my son.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful car! Congratulations and it's awesome you guys drove it back!

Oh wow, so beautiful! It's in such great condition and the undercarriage seems immaculate.
I've had the privilege to visit Yosemite Nat. Park, most awesome place I've been in my life. That first drive home must have been absolutely epic, best time to bond with your son. Enjoy!!

Great story! Welcome to Prime.

Back