Finally! My 2002+ LED DRL Angel Eyes with Multi-color remote and painted interior

So my original quest was to have the interiors of my headlights replaced with carbon fiber, but after literally shipping my headlights all over the world for almost 1 year (no joke, they've been to 3 countries in Asia twice now) I couldn't find a carbon manufacturer to do the mold for less than $3500. So the end result was to paint the interior black. And to be honest, I love it!
This is the final product...
A new set of 2002+ headlights, painted black on the interior, with LED Angel Eyes that I have wired to run as Daytime Running Lights with a color changing remote. Also, I removed the orange turn signal lens, and replaced it with a nice LED bulb that looks way better than the lens. Plus the bulb turns orange when on, so keeps the five-oh happy.

I have some pictures below. For my daily driving, I keep the angel eyes set to just be on White Color. However, for shows, photoshoots, etc, there's several colors to choose from, plus there's a "Slow Color Change Mode" and a "Fast Color Change Mode".
I have a video of each mode below, and also, a video of the turn signals.

For the wiring, I ran 2 separate trigger wires. One trigger wire is to the Washer Pump fuse in the front bay so they come on automatically when the car is turned on. The other is run to my interior dome light, which turns them on when I hit the door unlock on my key remote, and also they turn on when I open a door. After 8 seconds, they fade off with the dome light.
My car is a 1991 with a 2002+ headlight conversion.

I'm thinking about making this whole setup a product for sale. Let me know if anyone's interested. Otherwise, enjoy the pics and videos below.

All photos can be seen at this flickr page.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/29612820@N03/sets/72157635550193676/

First photos beneath the videos are how they look with the LED's off.

**NOTE** The videos do NOT show the WHITE color that I keep them for my daily driving. Please see photos 5,6 and 7 below the videos.

Since the colors are better seen in the videos, here's 3 Videos
1. Fast Color Changes
2. Slow Color Changes
3. LED Turn Signals

Fast Color Change Video
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CUqY03FwHNU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slow Color Change Video
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V8HW7Lm4irc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Turn Signals
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4LCuGUvMXfQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here they are with the lights off.
9766688533_00767fda2c_b.jpg

9766612716_126bbc0419_b.jpg

9766404562_e66df3565e_b.jpg

9766617424_c373be38b8_b.jpg

Here they are on and in White Color, which is how I leave them for my daily driving...
9766605685_310a24aa05_b.jpg

9766615414_8636596f54_b.jpg

9766687963_066ab3ddca_b.jpg

And here's the colors options. The videos show the colors better than the photos. There's a small remote box you can put in the car for convenient changing...
Dark Blue Color
9766404381_8d13a93e73_b.jpg

Light Blue
9766405802_3efc78ee4b_b.jpg

Green
[IMG}http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3714/9766613106_e2373d3dcf_b.jpg[/IMG

Orange
9766404152_4cb86a732a_b.jpg

Purple
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7443/9766616104_cb36dfa71b_b.jpg{[IMG]

Red
[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5344/9766686543_32807f94fe_b.jpg

Yellow
9766609746_175885b1de_b.jpg

not for me, imo it looks better no angel eyes bc the nsx projectors are too small for angel eyes imo....

not for me, imo it looks better no angel eyes bc the nsx projectors are too small for angel eyes imo....

To each their own but thanks for the input. It was difficult to manufacture the LED rings small enough so they didn't overpower the projectors. I have a 50% tint on my windshield and 15% on the side windows, so the LED's actually help with the night driving quite a bit.

I think they are cool on a car modded like yours. And by-the-way your car looks great. Good work. My issue would be reliability. It was enough of a hassle to remove my head lights to fix the wobble.

I think they are cool on a car modded like yours. And by-the-way your car looks great. Good work. My issue would be reliability. It was enough of a hassle to remove my head lights to fix the wobble.

Yep, goes with some of your other mods.

I've always like the black headlight housing, goes good with the rest of the "type r" theme. I wonder why Honda didn't do it with the NSX Type r.

Last edited:
Where can I find these!

LOL... first you have to come up with like $3500.

They never went into production as the builder got a lot of heat because they were so overpriced and there was no data/testing on how well they worked.

Last edited:
Those are awful.

Bonhamsurf, love your lights.

Thanks. There was another prime member here with some aftermarket lights like the ones dablackgoku1234 posted, but they took them off as they didn't look good and kept breaking. She saw my headlights last night in person and absolutely loved them.

It's really hard to get how good they look in a photograph. But so far, everyone who's seen them in person says it's the best setup they've seen and by far the best cosmetic mod I've done to the car, which has ALOT of cosmetic mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. It is a PITA to bake them open. I had the halo angel eyes manufactured specifically for the car, made by the same guys that did the angel eyes on my m3. They lasted for years without a problem. They're VERY bright. Those photos with them on, I have my camera set to let in a very small amount of light so you can see the individual LED's. I'd say they've improved my night driving visibility by at lest 20-30%. If I didn't have a dark tint on my windshield, I could drive at night with just the angel eyes and no headlights.

Wow!!! Those are sick!!! The blue ones are amazing looking on the white..

I know at one point we had seriously discussed having us do the work for you, glad you finally got the project done. We told you the CF was not really feasible at reasonable pricing. It's just too risky and costly as you found out.

Our 2 cents is you should have only painted the inner portion of the light - all black is too much but this is your car so as long as you like it is all that matters.

We have a few sets of 02+ headlights in here getting work done right now. (no halo rings)

Back