Finally happened, a car of mine was vandalized

After that 170 mile fiasco with my NSX, I came home after dinner to find my brand new BMW egged. It has less than a 100 miles and parked outside my house. I live in a wealthy area so I'm thinking its one of the kids living in my community. I just finished washing the car and now its 1:25am.

There is an area where there are many scratches in a oval pattern. I custom ordered this car and waited 3 months for delivery. Now this. This is the 1st time I really wanted to HURT someone. Sorry, just needed to vent.

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 15 March 2003).]

Sorry to hear about that. Before it was passed on to me, I remember when my parent's '87 BMW had its window smashed within the first few years of ownership. I was only a young kid then but I rembered it well.

Just recently a few months ago, my parent's Toyota Previa minivan was egged pretty bad. Also recently as well, my friend's RX7 was keyed.

Vandalism just plain sucks and anyone that does it is a coward with no guts. I would show them a few things or two if I ever catch anyone.

[This message has been edited by Dan H (edited 15 March 2003).]

sorry to hear this also... *GROUP HUG*
hope that gets your mind off it.
tongue.gif

Take it a body shop quickly to determine how deep the scratches are. Egg shells can really do some damage to a nice paint job. Your insurance will cover it.

And be glad you didn't have the top down like my Miata did when it was egged! Now that was a mess.

Now this. This is the 1st time I really wanted to HURT someone. Sorry, just needed to vent.
[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 15 March 2003).][/B][/QUOTE]

RyRy
I know the feeling, It does eventually pass.
Try not to look at it. In my case I covered mine until it gets fixed this week.
DEEEEP Breaths. Don't hurt the kids.
Len

Living among the rich does not mean you are surrounded by a better class of person.
If it has been egged it's going to need to be resurfaced/refinished.
The cost of this could make for a more serious charge if the vandals are caught.
I would let your neighbors know about the event and the cost of repairs and maybe post a reward.
I'm doubt they would want their vehicles/property damaged and may inspire them to keep an eye out for each other or perhaps speak up if they know something.
There's a good chance someone's mom may notice that the egg usage in the house has gone up and put 1 + 1 together. They may not come foreward but they may speak to the children (if kids did this) and prevent a recurrence.

Back