finally got my nsx

i got a 95 green/tan t-top with 30k miles recently after wanting one since they came out.finally said what the hell,life's too short, just go ahead and get it.i'm so glad i did,it's a fantastic car,more fun to drive than i ever thought it would be .it's pretty immaculate,was well taken care of.this site's a great resource,thanks everyone for all the detailed info

Congrats, and welcome to Prime. Post pics when you get a chance.

Congratulations! Drive and enjoy it! I've had mine for 8 years and never tire of it. All I have to do is drive another car one day, and when I get back in the NSX its like day 1 of ownership all over again.

Whereabouts do you live?

Frank
96 NSX-T, red/tan

Congrats! Sold my 95 Green/Tan earlier this year and still miss her. Beautiful color combo IMO. Hope you have many fun years with the NSX. (Post some photos!)

I think it's neat how new owners post how they've waited 16 or so years to own one. I was in the same boat. I told my wife I wanted one in 1991 and now I can finally have that 1991 16 years later.:smile: Congrats.

robbie,

Congrats! Welcome to the fold! You will really enjoy your new ride. I too waited 15 years for this ride. Best thing ever.

You are in luck there is a huge group of NSX owners in the Triangle area that are great guys and really are knowledgable about our cars. Check out the Southeastern forum for get-togethers and events. Many meet up at Briar Creek Shopping Center on 70 on the first Saturday of the month. Also if you want a group of us are getting together Dec 6th in the Charlotte area.

Have fun with it.

MC

Welcome and Congrats on achieving your dream. Quite a few of us have waited that long also. Enjoy yourself!

thanks for the good words.i'll post some pics as soon as i have some (camera is broken.) it's good to know others had to wait a long time to get this car,and that we were able to do it.for those still undecided, go ahead!

Last edited:
Congrates on your NSX!

I look forward to meeting you at some meets in the Triangle area! If your ever plan a ride out to Eastern NC (coast), drop me a line to get together.

Enjoy it! I've had mine for a year now ... and I find excuses just to drive it. I find myself taking the long way home many times!

Darrin

Congrats, it's normal if you find yourself talking or starring at your NSX when going in and out of the garage :biggrin:

i'm glad i'm not the only one standing out in the garage looking at it.i thought i'd say a little more about how i found the car.i had driven a 94 in decent shape in my town,but my dream had the open air coming in,so i wanted a t-top.we have a great nsx mechanic around here named steve gooding,and he said if you keep the seals greased,t-tops don't leak or squeak.
i found mine in southern cal through autotrader.it was a little nerve-wracking doing the deal across the country,but i eventually just came to trust the owner as an honest guy,and there were no problems.he got it in 2000 with only 7k miles from an acura dealer who had it as his personal car,and kept it garaged,detailed once a year,and did the timing belt and plugs at 23k.it's stock except for an alarm and built-in radar detector.someone recently said it's hard to find clean low-mileage stock ones,but this fits.
i had it shipped out,and was so excited when it got here.it was as advertised,except for a loud noise in the stereo volume knob,which i shipped to daryl willman in tex thanks to prime (it's mostly better but not all the way),and some saggy trunk struts.steve gooding checked it out,and said it was a good one.
so,now i'm driving it and enjoying it.look forward to meeting more of you fellow fanatics.

pics,pics,pics, I never have the (my camera is broken syndrome) thanks to a handy iphone. i love the brooklands green with beige combo, pics pics pics

Back