Finally got Dyno Tuned. Dave Dozier did a awesome job! *Vid & Graph enclosed*

EAC

Legendary Member
BBSC with Methanol Injection and 7.8 psi made 410 WHP.

I'm Happy :smile:

Can someone tell me how to embed the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EGVTp2mJHA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

IMG_3030.jpg

Nice graph. She looks like she just pulls and pull and pulls. It must feel awesome! jealous...

lol @ Busey

very nice. My BBSC did 412 at 10psi on a built motor and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy.

very nice. My BBSC did 412 at 10psi on a built motor and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Hmm, did you have a low comp engine?

It's fun, it def doesn't have violent acceleration like my previous turbo cars but it's still fun.

I'll have to get used to the boring power curve :biggrin:

Hmm, did you have a low comp engine?

It's fun, it def doesn't have violent acceleration like my previous turbo cars but it's still fun.

I'll have to get used to the boring power curve :biggrin:

It was low comp. It was also 412 on dyno dynamics. Probably more like 450 rwhp on a dynojet.

I forgot to ask Dave, are you running straight meth or a mix?

I forgot to ask Dave, are you running straight meth or a mix?

It is a 50/50 mix and because of his nozzle and blow off location it needs to stay that way or everytime the blow off lets go there will be a bright flash behind is head and it wont be from a police car.

Dave

It is a 50/50 mix and because of his nozzle and blow off location it needs to stay that way or everytime the blow off lets go there will be a bright flash behind is head and it wont be from a police car.

Dave
Ha, yeah. I'll keep it a 50/50 mix :redface:.

Nice numbers! So you put on a different pulley? Do you have numbers with your 9.8 lbs pulley?

Yes, I put a larger pulley on. Dave felt the safest at my current boost level, so we didn't raise it.

I did 422 rwhp on 9.8 psi aftercooled, and 438 rwhp 9.8psi aftercooled with 100% meth. Not tuned for power with meth tho. just tuned for added coolant effect. It was fun, that's fo sho'. that was on stock internals, but 9.5:1 via a thicker headgasket.

My current setup tho. woh.

I wonder how much power is gained from going 50/50 to 100% Meth?

I wonder how much power is gained from going 50/50 to 100% Meth?

We can find out this spring when you bring it back for a check up and we check the trims again after the heat and humidity returns. We can put it back on the dyno and play with the meth some more.

Dave

We can find out this spring when you bring it back for a check up and we check the trims again after the heat and humidity returns. We can put it back on the dyno and play with the meth some more.

Dave

Sounds good!

I would refill it with straight meth once it runs low, you'll like it.

So every time the BOV releases , methanol just sprays everywhere ? Then maybe the BOV should be relocated.
I don't think it's a good idea to have Meth just going everywhere in the engine bay.
The BOV it's close to the nozzle .it would make me very uneasy on the street, nevermind on the track.

On the other hand those numbers are great.

-MSR

so every time the bov releases , methanol just sprays everywhere ? Then maybe the bov should be relocated.
I don't think it's a good idea to have meth just going everywhere in the engine bay.
The bov it's close to the nozzle .it would make me very uneasy on the street, nevermind on the track.

On the other hand those numbers are great.

-msr

it is probably easier to relocate the meth inj. It should be fairly close to the throttle body.

Because of the BBSC design the outlet of the blower is about 4" from the TB, and you have to work a 90 degree elbow in that space as well. So in that little space you have to have a BOV and a Meth nozzel, there is a lot going on in that space. The best solution would be to plum the outlet of the BOV back to the Air filter to blower inlet pipe and recycle the little bit of meth that is released. I am sure Eric will figure out the best solution, otherwise he will be cleaning the back glass everytime he drives the car.

Dave

Yeah, I only have about 3" of space for the Meth Injection and BOV. But, rest assured, I'll get it taken care of one way or another.

Because of the BBSC design the outlet of the blower is about 4" from the TB, and you have to work a 90 degree elbow in that space as well. So in that little space you have to have a BOV and a Meth nozzel, there is a lot going on in that space. The best solution would be to plum the outlet of the BOV back to the Air filter to blower inlet pipe and recycle the little bit of meth that is released. I am sure Eric will figure out the best solution, otherwise he will be cleaning the back glass everytime he drives the car.

Dave

Or he can always drive with his window open lol!!!!!

Back