Finally found the right one!

Well I finally did the deal and now realize I should have done this a long time ago!

Found a 91 Silver with 17,000 miles owed by a cool 83 year lady in NE PA. I cannot believe my luck on this one owner car in awesome shape. The car is completely stock.

I want to thank NSX Prime for educating me. Your knowledge made finding the right car so much easier.

Two mods I'm already thinking of are:
1) Seven spoke wheels with the blade finish. Saw a Sebring Silver with the smoke finish and did not think this finish was for my tastes. Have been looking for a picture of a 91 silver with seven spoke wheels with the blade finish but have not found one. Does anyone know of a picture of a 91-93 Silver with seven spoke blade finish wheels?

2) Would like to install a CD player? Can I do a factory upgrade to my existing stereo and add the trunk CD changer or do I have to install a new stereo in the dash for CD?

Again thanks for everyone's knowledge & advice it sure helped.

Cheers,

Rock 33!!,

Thats a great name considering your location :) Well congrats, have a Rolling Rock and relax!! I purchased my 1991 blk/blk with 17K on the clock a few years ago.

In regard to the CD player, an alpine 634 is a great choice, and plays MP3's as well. You will need the adapters for it, and it will mount in the OEM bracket in the trunk with little effort. The OEM unit is actually a little long in the tooth based on these later units.

Do a search on Alpine and you will find multiple threads on this topic. I am hoping Russ will add his link on the install he did, once he sees your thread.

The wheels are also a great choice. DanO may have a pic of his, I think he has Blades Silver on his silver NSX. DanO??

You will have to get to some NE NSXCA events this summer. Go to www.nsxuppereast.com to check the schedule. Also you can go to www.nsxca.org to join NSXCA.

We have 5/10 River Run in South New Jersey, probably not too far for you, as our first social event this season.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry gave you the right advice on finding info on the CD changer. The adapter cable is only $20. I went through this last summer when I bought my NSX. One problem I had was mounting the changer in the trunk. The OEM bracket is expensive and has to modified slightly to be used. You will see that the cable to hook up the changer is on the left side of the trunk and the changer bracket is all the way on the right. I added the hook side of some velcro to the bottom of my changer and stuck it to the carpet on the left side where the cutout for a flat tire would go. Since its fairly flat it doesn't get in the way. I can always move it if I have to very easily. Also, it has never skipped once.

John

Oh yeah, congrats on the new ride.

In case it's not clear from the two (very knowledgeable) replies posted above - no, you do not need to change the dash part of the stereo. As long as you get the proper adapter cable (as noted in the FAQ), the dash stereo will recognize the presence of the CD changer and will permit the controls on the dash stereo to operate it.

Ken,

Your attention to detail is just amazing. Isn't it a hoot, when we never actually answer the orginal question:rolleyes:........LOL

LarryB

Just wondering, but was this one an automatic that was listed on Autotrader for a while? If so I think you got a pretty sweet deal. If it wasn't an automatic I probably would've seriously considered buying it myself. Well anyway, have fun with your new purchase!

Rock 33 said:
Well I finally did the deal and now realize I should have done this a long time ago!

Found a 91 Silver with 17,000 miles owed by a cool 83 year lady in NE PA. I cannot believe my luck on this one owner car in awesome shape. The car is completely stock.

Did the car actually belong to the lady? If so, it's pretty interesting how you accquired it from a 83 year-old granny. Just goes to show that even old folks get bitten by the need for speed bug. ;) Good luck with the car.

The autobroker who sold it on her behalf told me the owner Dottie was 83 years old and had bought it new in 91. She was a retired engineer working for GE. He also mentioned she was looking to purchase an Audi Quattro as a replacement car!

Goes to show there are some really cool ladies out there.

Yep, unless you physically see/talk to Dottie, I'll bet that's just a line of bull from a slick salesman. Personally, I think a 70 year old would have trouble getting into a Mustang, let alone an NSX. ;)

Back