Finally an owner! 98 Kaiser...

Guess I don't have to just hang out in the "Prospective" and "Off Topic" areas anymore :wink:

Today I took delivery of an immaculate one-owner '98 Kaiser Silver six-speed. Even as I drove the two hours home tonight, the reality the situation still hadn't set in.

I have a confession... despite being completely in love with this car for so many years, I had never driven one! So suffice to say, when I took the test drive at the dealer, I was instantly in awe of this amazing machine. I'm fairly certain I wasn't able to wipe the childish grin off my face for the rest of the transaction.

The noise, the handling, the craftsmanship... everything coming together in a testament to Honda engineering. It's sad that the era that gave us the NSX has ended, but I'm so grateful to be able to own a piece of that history.

Thanks to this board for being such a great source of information as I was researching the NSX!

Whew. I'm exhausted... buying a car makes me sleepy apparently. What a day!

I'll be willing to bet you wake up in the middle of the night and walk out to the garage to sneak a peek!

Welcome to NSX ownership and NSXPrime as an "owner". Congrats!

Congrats on your purchase :smile:

Congrats! We all know THE feeling. My first drive was at the dealership also and then 700 miles from Indiana to NC. Enjoy!

I'm glad the reality meets the expectations of the "dream".Welcome to ownership.:smile:

Welcome to the club!:biggrin:

Congrats on your new baby! Hopefully i'll be joining the club later this year too!

congrats...i share with you the confession of never having driven the car before actually going out to buy it...just the research i have done for 17 years and experience with honda/acura workmanship.
I bet that grin that you could not wipe off cost you some haggling leeway, but it is all good...

I actually do sneak a peak in the garage at night

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm really glad a community like this exists for this car :cool:

And yes... I've already sneaked several peeks... even woke up super early this morning and just HAD to go out and stare :tongue:

Forgot to post some initial impressions:

First, I'm not used to all the attention this car gets! (My DD is an Accord, so cut me some slack :tongue: ) Just on the drive home last night I had countless "thumbs-up"s and when I stopped for gas I ended up talking to some random kid for about 15 minutes, answering his questions about the car!

Secondly, I'm also not used to being so paranoid about a vehicle! Now, this car will not be my DD, but I'm still in that "Must drive it everywhere!" phase so I took it to Target today. I was so paranoid about door dings that I parked on the total opposite end of the parking lot! And then when I came out, I freaked for a second because the car's so short I couldn't see it over the other cars :redface:

Anyway, sorry for the rambling I'm just super excited to be driving this amazing vehicle!

Congrats my friend! I, like you am still buying my time for when I can own also. I haven't ever had a ride in one, but itll make it that much sweeter. Enjoy here in good health!

Congrats man!!! Finally =] And where the heck do you live? For some reason I think you live in marina del rey area. did you tell me that? Anyways, I ask cause I don't get anywhere NEAR that attention in one day anywhere in LA! Maybe my car just isn't that cool :frown: Oh, well it makes me happy =]

Congrats man!!

I have a confession... despite being completely in love with this car for so many years, I had never driven one!

When I bought mine a few weeks back I had never even been for a ride in an NSX, let alone driven one. I knew it was the car for me over a year ago, no test drive necessary. :biggrin:

As for the car buying making you sleepy, maybe you were like me and couldn't sleep at all the night before you picked it up hehe

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!
Now.........take a small hit off the go fast crack pipe......easy......yep, you are now hooked! Rims/tires, suspension, new radio, tint, etc. Slippery slope I tell ya!

Congrats man!!! Finally =] And where the heck do you live? For some reason I think you live in marina del rey area. did you tell me that? Anyways, I ask cause I don't get anywhere NEAR that attention in one day anywhere in LA! Maybe my car just isn't that cool :frown: Oh, well it makes me happy =]

Hahaha whatever I've seen your car... it looks awesome. In fact, I should hit you up for tips on where to get the hood and rear diffuser you have :cool: I actually live in Culver City area, but Marina is nearby. Yeah, the attention that I got was up in Santa Barbara right after I bought it... maybe people in LA are more jaded?? Or they just don't have as good of taste :eek:

Congrats and welcome. You will have to bring her down to the monthly South Coast Acura meets in Costa Mesa. This one was cancelled due to weather but keep an eye out for the first Thurs of every month.

Oh definitely! It'd be great to put some faces to some names. Thanks for the heads-up!

Congratulations!!!
Now.........take a small hit off the go fast crack pipe......easy......yep, you are now hooked! Rims/tires, suspension, new radio, tint, etc. Slippery slope I tell ya!

yep, wheels and suspension will probably be first :) Actually, very first thing I gotta do is clean off all that greasy Armoral the dealer put on the dash... :mad:

As for the car buying making you sleepy, maybe you were like me and couldn't sleep at all the night before you picked it up hehe

Haha... actually, you guessed it exactly :biggrin:

Congrats and great choice on color! I love my Kaiser, you wont see too many NSX's with this color around.

Thanks! I love the Kaiser... I was about to give up on finding one but then this one popped up. I'm completely happy.

Congrats...just be careful with her and learn about what she can do...they are amazing machines!
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rolleyes:
Congrats and welcome!
Congrats my friend! I, like you am still buying my time for when I can own also. I haven't ever had a ride in one, but itll make it that much sweeter. Enjoy here in good health!
Congrats...cant wait till Im an owner as well.

Pics?

Thanks guys! So, I know these pics aren't the greatest (I just snapped them yesterday afternoon with my crappy point-and-shoot) but they'll have to suffice until I can get some better ones :cool:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117757

_

Welcome and congrats! after 9 years of ownership, I still stare at my every time I come home from work. Yes, she looks good every time :biggrin:

Hahaha whatever I've seen your car... it looks awesome. In fact, I should hit you up for tips on where to get the hood and rear diffuser you have :cool: I actually live in Culver City area, but Marina is nearby. Yeah, the attention that I got was up in Santa Barbara right after I bought it... maybe people in LA are more jaded?? Or they just don't have as good of taste :eek:

www.downforce.biz man, they are the kings. Culver City? I think the ONLY parking lot I've really feared for my nsx is at Tito's Tacos... heck Fox Hills mall isn't even that bad.. titos is a nightmare parking lot.. =] Maybe i should drive to Santa Barbara, maybe some girls there actually like the NSX... since here all the boys love our cars

Back