Ferrari 355 w/ Tubi exhaust PURE sound

One of my favorite sounding cars ever! This 355 Spider is fitted with a Tubi exhaust. We hooked a mic next to the exhaust for some great sound captures.

Chris

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hvAC6vaJHxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMHO, the best sounding exhaust system I've every heard.

I was in Chicago with my family several years ago and heard one a 355 rip down Rush Street. I swear it sounded like ripping silk.

Thanks for sharing.

I would say Kreissieg and Power Craft make better exhaust.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eeyKcShoGDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MBalNPD-wM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed. It is the best sounding car/exhaust note on a non-V10+ car.

Don't know if it is better than a CGT with an exhaust, or even a stock CGT. Zonda sounds amazing too, as does the Aventador.

I recently watched a review claiming the 355 was one of the worst Ferraris built in terms of how it drove. Has anyone here driven one? What do they think? I always heard bad things about the 348, but never about the 355.

Thanks for sharing the video. I'd rank the F355 as the 3rd best exhaust sound behind only the CarreraGT & Lexus LF-A.

I remember reading a detailed blog 14 years ago of a Ferrari owner who tried to daily drive F355. Over the course of 2 years he never made it longer than 2 weeks without something breaking...

Agreed. It is the best sounding car/exhaust note on a non-V10+ car.

Don't know if it is better than a CGT with an exhaust, or even a stock CGT. Zonda sounds amazing too, as does the Aventador.

I recently watched a review claiming the 355 was one of the worst Ferraris built in terms of how it drove. Has anyone here driven one? What do they think? I always heard bad things about the 348, but never about the 355.

The F50 V12 sounds awesome too. It sounds rawer than the refined sounds of the LFA and carrera gt. Both of them also sounds great.

One of the OG nsxers, Doug H., owned a 355 f1 and an nsx (flamemobile) and wrote quite a few chapters about his experiences with the 355. Curiously, it seems his site, www.nsxfiles.com, is down.

I remember reading a detailed blog 14 years ago of a Ferrari owner who tried to daily drive F355. Over the course of 2 years he never made it longer than 2 weeks without something breaking...

Wow, really?? I love the 355, but that is just unacceptable for a car that cost $140,000 brand new.

Chris

Wow, really?? I love the 355, but that is just unacceptable for a car that cost $140,000 brand new.

Chris

He also drove the crap out of it, but yes I agree.

That 355 sounded so good I actually went and looked them up on autotrader.

I have some experience with 355......kinda like a v8 S2000..not much torque but once the revs are up its nsx like.Sounded like a sport bike.

Any decent condenser mic with a foam windsock would do fine. Mic placement is an art, small differences in position can make a big difference in sound.

One of the OG nsxers, Doug H., owned a 355 f1 and an nsx (flamemobile) and wrote quite a few chapters about his experiences with the 355. Curiously, it seems his site, www.nsxfiles.com, is down.

seems it's back. you can also get to it from http://www.pulpracing.com

It has not been updated in a VERY long time. This site was around LONG before "blogs" ever came into vogue and I spent countless hours reading about his adventures over many years.

Back