FERRARI 348TS

ALLAN

Suspended
Well, it looks like i may be getting rid of the Nsx. My wife saw a 348ts that she loved and we took it for a ride. Very nice car indeed. To 60 mph, id say it feels like our Nsx, but after that the Ferrari seems to be faster. Not alot faster, but faster. She loved it, and wants it, soo ill let you guys know what happens.

We also looked at a Comptech supercharged 2000 Nsx in a purple blue color that the salesman told me they were accepting offers over 105,000. I laughed in his face. Nice car though.

Love the 348. Always had a soft spot for it. As for the Comptech @ $105k...hahahahahahahahaha.

Good luck with the 348. I am sure you will not miss your NSX in the least. But, we ALL know the 348 isnt really a match for the NSX. THis has been discussed OVER and OVER. I feel better knowing that you will be kicking a ferrari instead.

IMO, I never liked 348s..not as nice as the TR...though I loved 328s and 355s...and of course, the big brother TR series.

My only question...why not go for the orginial TR style car..a TR(testarossa, 512TR or 512M)? For the same money I assume you can get a testarossa.

After my brief drive in the 348, i can assure you that it is more than a match for an early Nsx.

As for why i picked a 348, i didnt, my wife did.

I had a Testarossa, and i wasnt impressed, the 348 is much more driveable, and quicker around town than a TR.

"accepting" offers of over a $105,000?!?!?!?!? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!! Please call that dealer and tell them to GET OFF THE CRACK PIPE!!!! GOOD GREIF!

Originally posted by ALLAN:

We also looked at a Comptech supercharged 2000 Nsx in a purple blue color that the salesman told me they were accepting offers over 105,000. I laughed in his face. Nice car though.

Bwuahahaha, is that the car at Motorsports of Scottsdale Allan? Ya, I saw that one too, along with the 91 they want almost 50K for, and also the gay black automatic.
By the way, 348 is a sweet car, I have driven one before, please tell me its yellow, because then I know where to hunt you down so I can jack it.

Yes it was at Motorsports of Scottsdale. What a bunch of fools. The 348 is red/tan with a removable targa top.

Nice, what year, how many miles, how much you getting it for (if you don't mind sharing). When you get it, I would like to run you a few times, since mine is basically stock except exhaust. I used to drive one about once every week about a year ago. 1990 Black / Ivory, I liked it, and it did feel fast, however, I think my NSX is pretty fast too. I would like to see how it compares. Let me know, just for fun ofcourse, I don't mind losing at all.
Ya, that blue is a nice color on that Comptech NSX, nice wheels too, but that price is insane....by the way, it really is funny how much they are asking for the red 91, because I know how much they bought it for.

The guys at Motorsports of Scottsdale are complete idiots. I wanted to buy a 360 modena from them, and they were priced about 35,000 out of market, every time i stop in, they price something soo high that i like bringing other car friends in soo we can all have a good laugh.

Ill race you in the 348 if i get it, still waiting to work things out. Did exhaust seem to make a big difference on your car? Mine is stock.

From the info im getting on the 348, chip, exhaust and air filters bring the car close to 355 performance. What would be interesting to see is pair of twin turbos.

Im looking to get the car for under 50k, its a one owner, 11,000 mile red/tan all service records car. It also has aftermarket and original wheels.

The guys at Motorsports of Scottsdale are complete idiots. I wanted to buy a 360 modena from them, and they were priced about 35,000 out of market, every time i stop in, they price something soo high that i like bringing other car friends in soo we can all have a good laugh.

Ill race you in the 348 if i get it, still waiting to work things out. Did exhaust seem to make a big difference on your car? Mine is stock.

From the info im getting on the 348, chip, exhaust and air filters bring the car close to 355 performance. What would be interesting to see is pair of twin turbos.

Im looking to get the car for under 50k, its a one owner, 11,000 mile red/tan all service records car. It also has aftermarket and original wheels.

Sounds like a sweet deal...what year?
As for the Exhaust on my car, I honestly can't tell any difference at all from stock, just for sound basically.
Ya, let me know if ya get it, we'll run a few times.

Wow! Are you saying you found one meeting this criteria? If so, that would be an incredible bargain. You better scoop it up quick; that one - unlike the others laughed at here - is a great buy. If you can get it for $45k, you've landed an excellent deal. I've looked for the exact same car with mileage in the 30k~40k zone, and come up with extreme upper $40s to $50s common. It seems like F-cars are extremely mileage sensitive which is ironic, because they tend to run better with more mileage on the clock (as a general rule; there are exceptions).

My .02,
Eggman.

I rather enjoy reading some of the posts in regards to the F-cars. I had mis-conceptions about some of those cars, but the info submitted here has been very informative from some Ferrari owners here. Have always loved the 355's myself and looked at some a few weeks ago. Happy hunting.

Nah, id rather stay here, guys like you are soo easy to rile up!

I'm all riled up baby! All riled up!!! *swinging arms*
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by ak (edited 08 November 2002).]

Allan,
That is a sweet car. That is going to be my next purchase also in the spring. I have been shopping and finding 1991 with 30k miles for low 50's. When I am ready I am going to let you know so I too can get a great deal as you always do. Have there been any comparisons of the two cars performance? Does anyone on this forum have both and want to share some experiences. I will probably keep the NSX as I have just put a ton of money into it.

Rob

Allan,

Is your wife just getting bored of the NSX? Why not ad some type of FI? How can you beat the reliability of the NSX? It would be nice to see someone that has other nice cars modify a NSX. Then get a real comparison between the two from someone that actually ownes both(not magazine racing).

Well, my wife really isnt into speed, so she doesnt care about that. I did do a comparison between my Lotus and Basch supercharged Acura before. I asked her if she wanted a newer nsx with a Targa, and she said she wants the Ferrari.

As for speed, many people have said before that the Nsx is faster than the Ferrari, but from my short experience i just dont think so. They would be very close. Again im talking about a 3.0 Nsx. Driving the Ferrari is an event though, the noise, the feel are miles ahead of the Nsx. As for reliability, ive spoken to a few owners who use one as daily transportation, putting 20,000 miles on one in 1 1/2 years, and they say its just fine.

With todays economy, there are many great deals out there, and putting the cash into an Nsx just isnt justified when i can get a nice Ferrari and it value will hold strong or even increase when we rebound from this slump. Especially on the 348 which everyone is now realizing is actually a realy nice car.

I can agree with you on the cost issue. I have saddly wacthed the NSX prices plumit. I am actually thinking of selling mine and buying something else, I just can't find anything that I like as much.

I dont understand why on earth you would get a 348 and not a 355. Do you not like your wife or something?

Back