Father of the NSX Reitired Sept. 7th - Says next NSX V10?

I got this from the Sept. 17, 2007 issue of Automotive news which is a trade journal for the automitive industry. This is just a few sentences from the whole article I thought interesting.

Title of article: "Father of NSX and S2000 dotes on his sporty babies"

"After 36 years with Honda Motor Co., Shigeru Uehara, the cheif engineer of Honda R&D Co. in Japan called it quits Sept.7th..."

Q: How will the next generation NSX compare with the one you designed?
A:"It is difficult for me to compare because the new generation has a different concept. The new V-10 car will be different, but it is not for me to comment on the new model."

Q:What kind of car do you drive?
A:"An NSX"

I've seen too many X-Files episodes and am thinking conspiracy :biggrin: ....I wonder if he called it quits because the higher ups couldn't get their heads out of their butts regarding design FR vs MR, v8 vs v10, HSC vs ASCC, good looking vs fugly. Just my two cents. I wish him the best and thank him for my car. :smile:

Very nice man,,I thanked him personaly and he said your welcome by signing my glove box!:cool: His party line on the future of nsx has been the same from our grilling at xpo last year,,no specifics just that the younger generation is taking over:confused:

Q: How will the next generation NSX compare with the one you designed?
A:"It is difficult for me to compare because the new generation has a different concept. The new V-10 car will be different, but it is not for me to comment on the new model."

Mr Uehara is being polite and respectful to his Senior Staff members. He cannot say much because he has his own strong opinion which does not agree with the current direction.

Mr. Uehara is doing the Honorable thing to show respect. It is part of the Japanese culture. He mentioned the younger generation team is taking over. Fukui is younger....and one of Fukui's biggest accomplishments was developing CVCC. He should have stopped there.

Very nice man,,I thanked him personaly and he said your welcome by signing my glove box!:cool: His party line on the future of nsx has been the same from our grilling at xpo last year,,no specifics just that the younger generation is taking over:confused:

During NSXPO 2006 I was assigned to be Mr. Uehara's chauffer for the events. He told me what the next generation NSX will be, but he made me sign a non-disclosure contract. As a benefit to me signing this non-disclosure, I am going to be one of the first people getting a new NSX as soon as they hit our shores. :cool:

I think he was willing to promise you anything after bogarting the nitrous bong in your trunk.:redface:

During NSXPO 2006 I was assigned to be Mr. Uehara's chauffer for the events. He told me what the next generation NSX will be, but he made me sign a non-disclosure contract. As a benefit to me signing this non-disclosure, I am going to be one of the first people getting a new NSX as soon as they hit our shores. :cool:

Nice. So these future NSX replacement posts are just pure humor to you..LOL

Are you serious? I can't tell on the board anymore!:smile:

Back