Fast Internet Access of your choice? Any available in Chicago?

ak

Legendary Member
Hey guys..I have been looking for high speed internet for the longest time here in chicago suburbs(schaumburg). I still use crammy dialup with 28.8k speed...oh boy! So what is your choice of internet access and how much do you pay for it?? DSL? Cable? Wireless broadband??? If your local phone company or the cable company do not offer any highspeed internet, is there any other way to get it??

My cable company is AT&T Broadband (they own most of the Chicago-area franchises; you can check their website to see if they serve your area) and I have their AT&T@home cable modem service. It's costing me around $47 a month (including tax but excluding cable TV services). I've been extremely pleased with it. Couldn't be happier.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 July 2001).]

WOW you guys are paying a lot for internet service. I pay 39 a month. for cable connection. If you want to speed your service up there are a lot of great web sites out there to do so. goto speedguide.net. Its a little tricky but I'm sure anyone here can handle it no problem.

Back