Fair price for window regulators

I'm curious to know what's a fair price for labor and parts for my window regulators. My regulators is about to crap out. I did look into window regulators usa. But the shop I'm working with said he won't install used or rebuilt regulators due to warranty issues.

I took it it to the dealership, forgot about it.

Any my point in the right direction, greatly appreciated

im located in Anaheim hills, ca

I am about to install my new regulators. I just bought a 91 and he included new regulators with the sale. They were $524 each.
Kevin

Have you considered rebuilding them yourself with a Hugabuga kit?
I did mine and they work like new.

Find another mechanic, at least for this job. Then get your regulators rebuilt or get some used ones.

Of course the problem could be nothing more than window tracks that need re-greasing. Just make sure your mechanic checks the window "thingies". (Look in the NSX Wiki for details.) The oem ones will fail eventually and when one goes, the window will drop. They should be replaced with aftermarket "thingies". CHEAP insurance.

Hugga bugga should post a video of his daughter installing the new regulator in his NSX

its that easy. take door panel off, roll window down till the 2 window glass/ bolts are showing unscrew them, loosen the 3 motor bolts, remove the 4 bolts holding the regulator turn sideways pull out.

done take 15 minutes save your self hundreds.

and rebuilt regulators nope..... buy a new one for 499 install the hugga bugga kit and watch your window go up and down like a Fighter jet.

ebay has them brand new OEM for 499 I think I am getting a set just for the hell of it.

Window regulators - best fix

Last year Robert Magro replaced both regulators with new ones, installed Hugga Bugga kits, the window fix-it thingies and re-lubricated the tracks on my '91. The windows work better than new now (they're quite fast!). If you're going to do the job, do all these things and you'll finally get the window performance you expect. It's not cheap, but worth the money and you'll be done fixing them, period.

Are the SOS window fix-it thingies only for 91 -93? Was the issue corrected for the years after that?

TEMPORARY HIJACK ALERT (I have been waiting for someone to bring up window "thingies")

I have a '95 with 120k miles. The windows go all the way up and down quickly and without hesitation. However, if I roll them all way down, the click as they start back up. I did not think this would be an issue with post-'93 cars. If I keep at least 3/4" up, there is no click. Am I at risk if I keep rolling them up/down?

Yes.

Yes.

You can read more about it in the wiki (click here).

Thanks for the link. Sorry for the highjack, you may all continue with your regulator dialog...... Oh by the way the answer to all your window problems is Hugabuga. Look in the NSX parts for sale section. Hugo has made another batch of them.

Last edited:
I purchased Hugo's kit but when I took apart my passenger side the cable was pretty much gone. Can I just buy that cable from the dealer or do I need a whole new regulator. Driver side works great with the kits installed.

Back