Fair price for 1991 RHD?

Hi everyone!

New to this forum and looking for some expert advice on an NSX that I may pull the trigger on. Any issues I should be considering with an imported Honda that is RHD? Fair price for 78k miles? 90k is the ask. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to NSX Prime!

We'd need to know more about the car before providing our opinion. Year, mods, etc. Generally speaking, imported RHD NXSs have a 10-20% discount over a LHD equivalent in the U.S. Of course, there is the hassle of driving a RHD on LHD roads. Also, Japanese exporters have an uneven history of sending cars over here that have serious structural issues from crashes. The damage is so bad they can't get the car registered under the Japanese Land Inspection office wthout a major repair ($$$$$), so they do a quick repair and then export them to the US and other places. Before spending any kind of serious money on a JDM imported NSX, I'd ask for at least a basic frame measurement by a competent body shop to look for frame damage. If I'm willing to plunk down 90 grand on a NSX, I'm willing to spend 1 grand paying a good shop to check it out structurally.

Another tool you may find useful is our NSX valuation tool. It's for US-market sales, but it's the best resource by far for determining how much your NSX is worth based on actual market transactions. Find whatever the price is for a LHD model equivalent to this one and then subtract 10%. That should get you close.

Where on Earth are you? Sittin on the "doc of the pain"...watchin the tide..

Here's another source of sale prices.

And another note- production numbers in the early years were pretty big, so don't be in a big hurry to buy the first car you see. Over one third of the total NSX production for US customers was in the first year- 1991. Link to my chart with model year differences and production numbers is in my signature.

Unless you are planning to keep the car forever, remember that it will be MUCH harder to sell when you are done with it. Not many folks want RHD in the US. Maybe 1 buyer in 100 would accept a RHD car? Probably even less than that.

Back