Extra Bumper Moldings on NSX - parallel parking ideas?

I have a front plate on my car to protect my front bumper from damage but I want to add something to the rear bumper. Something that can be removed when driving and attached when parked? Any ideas?

No matter where I park there seems to be some idiot who can not drive. For example the other week I parked in an area with no surrounding cars except 3 of 4 on row behind me. Someone in that row must of back out of their space and bumped into my rear bumper!!!!!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Put to large spikes on each end of the car when you leave...this way, if anyone dares bump into you, they will have two large holes on their bumper....

I don't think there is anything you can put in the back bumper that won't stick out like sore thumb. The back end of the NSX is pretty flush.

pictures? no i'm talking about the front license plate holder. I don't have a plate on it but I have the holder still attached.

I just search the net and found they have MAGNETIC DOOR DING PROTECTORS. My friend suggested I get some magnets or slim steel plates and glue it to the back of the bumper. Then I'll just trip the magnetic door protectors and use it for the back.

Great idea for parallel parkers. If you live in the city you always have garages but sometimes you just have to parallel.

I know what you need;

Four posts, about 3ft high

length of 'Police line - do not cross' tape

Place one post at each corner of car, leaving at least 1 foot between posts and corners of car
Attach tape to tops of each post, forming a perimeter around the car.
:)

j14nsx said:
Four posts, about 3ft high

length of 'Police line - do not cross' tape

Place one post at each corner of car, leaving at least 1 foot between posts and corners of car
Attach tape to tops of each post, forming a perimeter around the car.
...and also bring a piece of chalk with you. When you park, use it to draw the outline of a human body on the ground next to your car. :D

Go to Dali and order a pair of these and swing them out towards the back of the car from the trunk when you park. They look pretty soft.

Bumper guard

That should keep clueless drivers' eyes on your bumper while they park their cars. :p

land mines my friend, landmines.

Alternatively in Oz we have a really thick 3m tape for bumpers and such to prevent stone chips. Unfortunately, anything you add will probably look pretty nasty.

Last edited:
ajnsx said:
in Oz we have a really thick 3m tape for bumpers and such to prevent stone chips.
That's available in North America, too, and has been discussed here in several previous topics. Do a search... (It's also in the FAQ, under Accessories - Paint Protection.)

That's available in North America, too, and has been discussed here in several previous topics. Do a search... (It's also in the FAQ, under Accessories - Paint Protection.)

I thought so. I don't need to do a search, i wasn't the one asking!
thanks anyway:)

Put a couple of these babies in front of and behind your car, and your problems should be solved. ;)

trafficcone.jpg

Back