Exotics, crashed

what kind of car is this?
F40?
badiablocarsh.gif

Originally posted by galvatron:
i think it might be a Diablo... but i only say that because the name of the file is badiablocarsh.gif

Yes, it is a Diablo. I've seen those pics posted before on other forums.

~Chad.

Originally posted by jsottile:
Some people say that the body is still in the drivers seat.......

After blowing it up in photoshop.. it sure looks like the body is still in there... NASTY.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Even if he was the only one on the road, I would think this would be enough to convince people that high speeds on public highways is insane!

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

that is a picture of a diablo gt. it is a well known picture. what happened was a lamborghini test driver and a potential customer went out for a test drive, and had someone pull out in front of them at something like 180mph. both of them were killed.

waiting for my car to arrive in arizona. and then ill be up to my usual madness! i did get the nsx to 145, but god that took forever, and at that speed the diablo feels safer at 190.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
waiting for my car to arrive in arizona. and then ill be up to my usual madness! i did get the nsx to 145, but god that took forever, and at that speed the diablo feels safer at 190.

I trust "forever" is a relative term, and if it didn't feel rock solid steady at that speed then I'm guessing you have non-oem tires and/or alignment problems.

I remember reading about a German banker who drove to work in his Mclaren F1. It was faster than the plane or train. He would only go at top speed, I forget how fast and for how long, if he was on the Autoban with four lanes and the weather was good. I think he used the third lane all the way but he needed the fourth lane in case he ran into any BMWs crawling at 250kph in his lane.

im just trying to figure out how you came to the conclusion that i hit 145 in 5th not 4th. i ran it up through the gears till i hit 145 and then backed off. and it felt like forever getting there.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
im just trying to figure out how you came to the conclusion that i hit 145 in 5th not 4th. i ran it up through the gears till i hit 145 and then backed off. and it felt like forever getting there.

I would imagine it takes an NSX a lot longer to reach 145 than a 530 HP Diablo w/ nitrous. So I guess for Allan it would feel like forever.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

i wasnt comparing it to the diablo on nitrous or even without the juice, because that is not apples to apples. i always realize how fast the diablo is after i get out of it and into the nsx. the nsx feels like a dog, and i know it is a pretty quick car. i was comparing the nsx more to my friends supra which seemed to take alot less time to reach those speeds.

Well, a stock 3.0L 5 speed NSX will take roughly 30 seconds to hit 145... A *stock* Supra Turbo is maybe a second quicker...
Obviously, comparisons to a blown monstrosity Supra is less than objective... To be honest, a stock Diablo should feel pretty slow compared to a 10 sec Supra...

thirty seconds? geez, it never felt that slow but then again ive never done it on a track. (well, ok, ive neverdone it at all-135 max but it sure seemed quicker, especially with all those crosswalks with pedestrians not to mention trucks and tractors because heh, i live in kansas city)

which reminds me of a joke, a soupra and a diable roll into a bar one day and the soupra says to the diable, "heh, my engine is bigger than your engine..."

In that case it has to be perception; the stock numbers are just too close.

Perception is big though. I know that the C5 6-speeds *feel* quicker off the line to me than a 3.2L NSX even though I know they aren't. I've clocked myself in both using the crappy G-Tech (lame, but better than nothing) and the two cars came out in the 4.8-5.2 sec range run after run. The Vette always felt quicker though...

Originally posted by spookyp:
In that case it has to be perception; the stock numbers are just too close.

Perception is big though. I know that the C5 6-speeds *feel* quicker off the line to me than a 3.2L NSX even though I know they aren't. I've clocked myself in both using the crappy G-Tech (lame, but better than nothing) and the two cars came out in the 4.8-5.2 sec range run after run. The Vette always felt quicker though...

It's all about the torque!

------------------

Back