Exhaust Systems ...

I test drove a 98 on Friday that had a performance exhaust system, on and it sounded much nicer than the 01, stock muffler system that I also test drove yesterday.

The car from Friday was at a dealership and they did not know what exhaust system was on it, but did say by looking at it the performance system was from the the catalytic to the tail pipe.

Can someone please recommend a performance exhaust system to put on from the catalytic to the tail pipe as I for see buying the stock NSX that we looked at yesterday and the one with the performance exhaust sounded oh so sweet!

One last question please, will any HP gain be enjoyed by a performance exhaust system from the catalytic back to the tail pipes?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Ian

PS: It looks like I will be attending NXSPO this year in my own NSX !!! Does life get any better than this :smile:

Hi Ian,

Welome to the club.

There are different exhaust for your car so you'll have to do some searching on here to see/hear what you like best.

There is an exhaust thread in the General forum area that has lots of sound clips for you to listen to before you make youre purchase.

You can also find different exhaust systems from these places:

www.scienceofspeed.com
www.daliracing.com

Be sure to also check in the "for sale" section on here as you can often find a good deal on a used/new system.

Thanks Richard for your help and suggestions.

I went by the place this morning that is selling the NSX that has the performance exhaust and took a bunch of pictures in hope someone here would recognize the system, and give me the low down on it, so here are the pictures.

Does anyone recognize it ?

Thanks

IMG_3954-1.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3967-1.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

It looks like B&B Triflo (RM Racing sold them but are no longer in biz), however I think you can buy them straight from them (B&B). I think there's one in the for sale section that's priced pretty good.

I agree that it looks like a B&B system.

Cat back systems aren't going to give you much more HP, just sound. If you want more HP you got to get headers also. Then you can get 18-20 more HP.

Most cat back systems are about the same for flow unless you have a forced induction system and then it matters more.

You can spend a lot of money and gain nothing. Just like putting in a intake scoop or a drop in filter. Save your money for tires.

Thanks for the continued replies.

I like the sound of the B&B's, how much different would the exhaust system sound with headers and the B&B from the catalytic to the tail pipes?

Which header would be the one to go with?

Would you suggest B&B headers to go with the B&B catalytic to tail pipes?

Please keep in mind here in Ontario Canada every two years we have to do emission testing so I need to keep the catalytic.

One more question, and thanks very much for your help, how much louder would the B&B catalytic to tail pipe system be with headers.

Thanks again.

Ian

I have the R/M exhaust (which was bought by B&B) and I just had the DC Sports headers installed and the exhaust note wasn't much different. Perhaps a bit deeper and a touch louder. I would recommend either the DC Sport or Comptech headers... which both are CARB(Calif Air Research Board) legal, which I believe is the most stringent smog standard in North America.

I would stay away from headers that have the o2 sensor port in a single tube, having the o2 sensor in the collector is better for getting an average reading across all 3 cylinders.

Thanks for the continued replies.

I like the sound of the B&B's, how much different would the exhaust system sound with headers and the B&B from the catalytic to the tail pipes?

Which header would be the one to go with?

Would you suggest B&B headers to go with the B&B catalytic to tail pipes?

Please keep in mind here in Ontario Canada every two years we have to do emission testing so I need to keep the catalytic.

One more question, and thanks very much for your help, how much louder would the B&B catalytic to tail pipe system be with headers.

Thanks again.

Ian

Do you have emissions testing in Canada? If not, get RID of those catalytic converters.

Throw on a Flowmaster dude.
Check my posts.
Trev

Back