Ewing event tonight?

Has anyone ever gone out to this gathering? I understand that it's from 7p-10p at Ewing Buick, LBJ & Jupiter. Supposed to be almost as big as "Cars & Coffee", but held weekly & at night.

What was it like? I heard 650+ Cars, 1000+ People...40% Domestic, 50% Import, 10% Exotic. YMMV...

News to me????

My mistake...it is no longer Ewing as they sold the dealership.

It is Gateway Buick / GMC. SE corner of LBJ & Jupiter...edge of Dallas & Garland).

Every Monday night from 7pm to 10pm there's a LARGE gathering (read: almost as large as BMW Cars & Coffee in Plano) of cars from all walks of life. Not as many exotics as C&C, but still some cool stuff none-the-less. More DIY'er's than out-of-the-box or paid-a-shop-for-it-to-be-done cars.

Organizer provided data:
650+ Cars
1000+ People
40% Domestic, 50% Import, 10% Exotic

I went to check it out last Monday. LOTSA cars! Everything from beater imports to classic America cars to modified muscle (old & new) to souped up imports to pimped out whatever you got to exotics (Vipers, Corvette (Callaway), Nissan GTR, Lamborghini Gallardo).

Crowd: ALL ages, some families, but mostly younger males (many w/ GF in tow)...and very good POLICE presence!

Best way to describe it? A car show at the Texas State Fair Midway.

Interesting to go to & see as you never know what'll show up...

They usually ask for a $1 donation at the entrance gate...gotta pay the attending cops somehow...bringing a box of donuts probably won't cut it though :-)

Last edited:
cool

thanks for the heads up

Re: Gateway Buick GMC car show event tonight?

Anybody game to go for tonight? It's worth checking out as the crowd changes every week...some same cars, some new cars each time.

I think that's the RKC Monday Night meets. I'll head out there about once a month typically. There is usually a pretty good crowd there and they make an attempt to keep the idiots out.

Back