Evo vs STi comparison

good read!
looks like the sti has better acceleration while the evo has better handling and braking.
the question i'm waiting to have answered is how well either of these cars will hold up after 50k miles.

I still have doubts about Mitsubishi reliability. If anyone can enlighten me to think otherwise, I don't feel I'll be changing anytime soon.

-Randy

motor trend just tested the EVO with 0-60 in 4.59, 1/4 in 13.0 at 105...

quite a big difference..

i used to own a mitsubishi....quality was very nice. i had 90k miles on the car before i sold it and not a single problem with it. it was built in japan, of course. US ones have the notorious transmission, electrical issues as always.

EVO was designed and engineered by Ralliart, not MMC. the quality and reliability should not be placed with past mitsubishi reputation.

i for one knew a lot about the mitsubishi corporation from car mfg to banks that have gone down.....they've stirred quite a bit of legal heat at some point in history.

however, i have faith in the EVO due to the fact that it has gone through 7 previous generations. if they haven't improved over 7 generations, i don't think they'll be exporting to the US.

btw, i just received my issue of automobile yesterday with STi vs EVO....STi may be faster but EVO certainly can handle. It pretty much coincides with other reports. limited production on both....again...around 6500 for EVO and 3600 for STi..i smell greedy dealers out there already.

IMO, i still think EVO looks and handles better....but that's just my preference for Mitsubishi...:D

My uncle's 3000GT SL has 130K miles on the odometer and its still going strong. I agree the US Mitsu ones aren't really up to par though.

Dan H said:
My uncle's 3000GT SL has 130K miles on the odometer and its still going strong. I agree the US Mitsu ones aren't really up to par though.

bingo...that's the exact car i had. therefore, since the EVO is built in Japan, that should give us a peace of mind.

Back