Evening with the new NSX!

Got an offer to spend some time with the new NSX in early April , not just a dealer test ride . I'll see if I can make this happen.Have to get out to Ohio ,my friend is one of the engineers .

Last edited:
Awesome

Are you ok with us sending you a pile of questions that you can hit them with?

Like what is the story with the open top version and will it be a targa or a hart top vert?. If they offer the soft top, push that person into the dip tank.

When will personalization be available (like a blue roof with matching calipers and blue alcantara seat inserts)?

Why didn't they do something to control price gouging?

What about a factory clear bra?

ask them if any mods would void void warranty.....

Do you have a Driftbox? A couple of data-logged 0-130MPH runs (should be about 1/4 mile) would be great.

Why not allow iron brakes on early cars so track enthusiasts can have reasonable consumables pricing?

Whats the final deal on tire selection?

Ny dealer is going in early May. I suspect they are cycling through a bunch of dealer folks for training / test track time.

Dealerships are sending mechanics to Acura's headquarters for specialized training. They had a group there last week.

I lease a RLX Sport Hybrid. I suspect the NSX's maintenance schedule will be similar to that, i.e. Not that different from any other Acura. So far for me, only oil changes in 18 months and 13k miles.

The hybrid system absolutely rocks in this car as far as power delivery whenever you need it, and a slick DCT transmission. I can only imagine how much better the power delivery will be with the turbos adding to it.

RLX Sport Hybrid is the sleeper of the decade. PS, you're welcome for the beta-testing. :). (I was an early adopter.)

My dealer's tech went to training week after configurator opened.
For beginning, the tech can do most basic items like oil changes, Brakes checks, and alignment (I think).
Anything significant a car needs will be handled by a corporate Tech who is flown in to the dealer. (That is info was provided at the Town Hall meeting a short time ago)
Makes senses since the pre on line training and then hands on factory training wasn't that long compared to others. (for example, the dealer Tech for my GT-R had over a weeks worth of formal training)

I'm going on May 2nd, should be pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing to their Zanardi.

My dealer's tech went to training week after configurator opened.
For beginning, the tech can do most basic items like oil changes, Brakes checks, and alignment (I think).
Anything significant a car needs will be handled by a corporate Tech who is flown in to the dealer. (That is info was provided at the Town Hall meeting a short time ago)
Makes senses since the pre on line training and then hands on factory training wasn't that long compared to others. (for example, the dealer Tech for my GT-R had over a weeks worth of formal training)

Lexus handles LFA repairs in the same manner. Not that they ever require repairs though��

Lexus is even more compulsive as their tech (often a regional head tech) was needed to do the PDI at the designated delivery dealership.

Back