European Riceboy?

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
Stressa.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 07 August 2001).]

Umm... actually guys, that IS a Ferrari.

It's a model that was produced in the early 60s (61 or 62, I think) for the central and eastern European market. A right-hand drive version was available at the end of the run for the UK market, although many of these cars found their way to Asia and South Africa on the gray market.

Enzo Ferrari was instrumental in bringing the car to market - he did have a vision for Ferrari to broaden their model line (much like Porsche is doing now with their SUV). Enzo believed that there should be a Ferrari available to all Europeans and they should produce vehicles which are suitable for a variety of tasks.

This model is rear-engined, with a four speed manual transmission and rear wheel drive. I think it is somewhere in the 60-80HP range, which for its size and weight is fairly quick.

EDR

Technically I believe it is actually a Fiat 500?? Yes, I'm aware of the history between Ferrari/Fiat. This model was produced from the late '50s through mid '70s.

Enzo reportedly loved the car. Schumacher supposedly had (has?) some variant of one as well.

I just thought it was a humorous photo....

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 09 August 2001).]

I can't belive that people didn't jump all over me for the BS I posted above. It's obviously NOT a Ferrari... If you say it's a Fiat 500, then I'll have to believe you. I've never seen one before.

Geez... I didn't know that people were so easy to fool. :-)

EDR

Originally posted by erobbins:
Geez... I didn't know that people were so easy to fool. :-)EDR

There is a very fine line between Fiat and Ferrari... it's not hard to imagine you were being serious, especially since you were close on many points (dates, Enzo's ties to the model, etc.)

Back