euro NSX, BEWARE!!! dont' buy!

hi @ all Euro NSX'ers

Yesterday I drove 1200km and 12 hours with my Hauler + trailer to pic up an cheap NSX. The only damage what the company told me was front bumper, rear bumper and the left front fender. I thought okay, 15000 euro for an NSX easy to rebuilt is cool.

When I arrived near Venezia I can't believe my eyes. There is so much other damage to the car, I made a list of it.

I have heard some other Austrians, Germans, England and Skandinavia guys are interessted in thos car too. Please do not drive so many km for just seeing and totaly fucked up NSX!

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/inde...4_inseratsg_detail_ueberschrift&TFCA=44399.18

I have made many pics and converted those to 800x600 ....if you want I can send them via mail to you. Just hit me an PM or write an mail to: [email protected]

here is the list:
repair kit everywhere, on the fender and behind the trunck carpet on the side frames.....that means there was an accident before!
The Yellow TCS light is on all the time, can be expensive to repair it IMO
The plastic at the doors is totaly messed up and loose!
Both windows are going extremely strong, you have to help the motor to open and close it
Driver mirror motor is not working
center console is totaly loose
The paint shop is realy messed up
Both doors was painted 100%, cause I can see some paint on the rubber and plastic to the window. Soem paint is also on the plastic between hood and windshield....you can see this all on the pics
steering wheel is showing about 30 degrees to the left
radio antenna not working
The bolts on the rear right fender (you can see them when you open the trunck) .....looks like they were removed already. ---accident before!?!?!
both left rims are bent at the lip
NO service book
NO oem Fenders
time for new front brake rotors
Messed up tools and engine bay

I dont mean to be rude, but, did you expect a car in prime shape for 15k euro ? If I went to look at a Nsx for 20k and it was stated as damaged, id expect it to be in poor shape. Then, id maybe offer 15k for it.

BUT thats only if I was looking for a junk car to rebuild.

You ever looked into Honda price list for an rear and front bumper? Youcan buy NSX in excellent shape for 26000 euro! 15k is okay for a damaged front and rear bumper, but not for that fucked up NSX. Why dont you want me to send you the pics, before you post a statement like that?

And yes, I expect a car in a good shape for 15k when the front and rear bumper + fender is damaged.

austrian type-R said:
You ever looked into Honda price list for an rear and front bumper? Youcan buy NSX in excellent shape for 26000 euro! 15k is okay for a damaged front and rear bumper, but not for that fucked up NSX. Why dont you want me to send you the pics, before you post a statement like that?

And yes, I expect a car in a good shape for 15k when the front and rear bumper + fender is damaged.

Here in the US we cant find Nsx's for less than 23-25k. So, when your talking about a car thats priced at 17k US when doing the conversion from Euro to Dollars, there are going to be things wrong with the car. And when a bumper needs paint work, you dont neccesarily need to buy a whole new bumper unless its really damaged.

Granted, there could be other factors, such as the Nsx not holding its value as well in Europe as it does in the USA, that the car is in worse shape than what Im taking it to be, etc.

I feel bad for your long drive..i have had it happen to me, but not as far as you did..only because the guy misled me on the phone...look at the bright side...its better then to have had it shipped to your home, and find out that later ....or even worse....buy it then find out there are more serious problems mechanically.... so yes its frustrating you made the long trip..but its much better that you didnt buy it..

I have to point something outh though....it amazes me sometimes seeing people pay the amount of money for a car that is been hit, salvaged...simply because its " cheap price"......i see that all the time.. on ebay...even here on nsxprime...

for example a 91 nsx that has a salvage title with 100k or so....and with some body work needed..i see people paying like $22k for it... why do that ..when for few thousands dollar more you can get a car that is clean....

Even when you buy ..say a 91 nsx with 100k...that needs body work because of collision..even let say at a very cheap price of $19k.......in most cases you still have to put around 5-7k in body repair (and in many cases its even much higher to fix these cars)......so in reality your at $26k (assuming thats the only thing wrong with it..and as many know...usually cars that have been in major accidents...usually have things more wrong with them..then what first appears...).......

So basically your still getting a higher mileage car...that has been blemished..and most likely with a salvage title....that you have into it about $26k fixed....(but the reality is .. and.after all this hassle...your most likely getting a rebuilt title car.....and rebuilt cars are valued at 20-30% less then clean cars)...and you ended up at $26k.......so.....i dont see sense in that !!

just my 2 cents

front_2.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

seitenwand_re_3.jpg__scaled_800.jpg

t%FCrverkl_fehlt.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

lackierung_schei%DFe_2.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

lackierung_schei%DFe.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

heck_1.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

front_1.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

kit_seitenwand_li.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

kit_seitenwand_re.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

motor_1..jpg__scaled_512.jpg

felge_li_hi.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

werkzeug.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

reserve_rad.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

motor_2..jpg__scaled_512.jpg

sitz_abstand.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

einstieg_re.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

kratzer_koti.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

einstieg_li.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

kratzer_scheinw_re.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

kratzer_scheinw_li.jpg__scaled_512.jpg

for an NSX in excellent shape with about 80000km and also 1991 modell you pay about 25000-28000 euro, about same price range like in USA.

I payed 1.5 years ago for my 1991 NSX with only 56000km 30000 euro (new brakes, new timing belt, new oil, new brake fluid, new damper for trunck), but my NSX has NO accident, full service book and the paint looks vey very good for 15 years.

Is that originally an italian car? From the plate I would say so...

Can you disclose the dealer that is selling it? I cannot open the autoscout page.

EDIT: I just was able to open the page, it is an Italian car in Padova.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway in Europe a clean low mileage NSX still costs around 25k-27k EUR. Add something if it has useful mods like shocks, exhaust, wheels, ...

You can find "honest" >150'000km cars for as low as 20k EUR but they will probably need some 1000s EUR to bring up the maintenance to the Honda specified standars.

Whatever is below 20k (not many) are ALWAYS rat :( cars. I have seen several over the years... never onbe that was worth the money.

Buy a nice one, it will pay off on the long term! :)

As far as people flaming you cause you should have expected a "rough" car???whatever!! that car is beyond rough...17k$US?.....gimmie a break that car is not worth 10k......Thanks for the heads up:smile:

You have my sympathy, as I've had the same thing happen to me. I took a day off work and drove from Houston to Austin to look at a car that turned out to be complete junk after I was told it only required minor work. :mad:

That only happens to you once - live and learn!

Zap

Sorry to hear your story. This NSX is really f...ed up.
As other members already mentioned: A clean OEM-NSX won't sell below 25-27k EUR in Europe. We have always about 10 NSX's in Switzerland for sale and prices have gone up by 2-3k EUR during the last three years.
This Italian car is even overpriced for parting it out. :(

Back