Espirit will beat NSX replacement to market

The end of the world will beat the NSX replacement to market. No suprise here...

Wasn't that yesterday:wink:

Geez I'm at the point now where I think the NSX nameplate should cede from Honda:frown:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/21/lotus-delays-elan-until-2016-esprit-on-track-for-2013/

I dont think this is a surprise at all. Lotus has been *super* active - Elise, Evora, Exige... And has built a really passionate following back up. Plus, they've re-established their position as a 'track brand' since the current crop of little rockets really require commitment to the cause.

I think, esp given the heritage of the Esprit brand, it was inevitable they would bring it back.

The NSX, I still maintain, was simply an anomaly. It was a period of temporary insanity, from the Honda board of directors point of view, IMO.

Geez I'm at the point now where I think the NSX nameplate should cede from Honda:frown:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/21/lotus-delays-elan-until-2016-esprit-on-track-for-2013/

Yes, it was also noted in Paris that the Elan shared too many attributes of the Esprit and should be redesigned. The Evora is supposed to be get a more aggressive styling update and also lose its top.

I'm a wee bit worried, in that what also came out of Paris was the call for Lotus to build its own power plants (and we all know THAT history :wink:), so they've stated they've dropped the LFA motor they were going to place in the Espirit and are building their own V8.

I'm very happy to see Lotus back in motorsport of all types and very sad to see that HPD has pulled from ALMS, leaving Highcroft unable to race in Le Mans. I'm not sure where this leaves Level 5 Motorsport.

I'm still saving my pennies for an Evora S. Never getting rid of the NSX, but she's waiting to sit next to her rightful successor in my garage...

Last edited:
I am waiting for the Hyundai or Kia sport cars. I am sure they will come first.
Steve

Lol depends on what you define as a sports car. Now a days a two fwd 2.0l making 160 hp is considered a sports car.

In all fairness though Hyundai does have the Genesis Coupe which is quite the capable "sports car" and there has been a lot of talk about putting the 400hp V8 from the sedan into the coupe to offer a serious competitor for the Mustang/Camaro/3 Series crowds.

Back