escalade owners!!!

have a 2000 escalade which is a truck, and i expected that. i didnt expect the piss poor alignment and vibration.

anyone else have any comments, suggestions about a cheap fix to make this beast more friendly??

Are the new escslades worth the money?? i live in my vehicle and hate the current ride/lack of amenities.

please advise....

ditto on the Rover,i love mine.never driven an X-5,but my wifes ML 430 is very smooth.

Whatever you don't trade it for a Lexus LX470. The WORST vehicle I ever owned. Among its many problems was its inability to track down the road straight (no kinda road).

Piece of S##T

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black, #264

[This message has been edited by tabasco (edited 15 February 2002).]

Originally posted by huckster:
yeah, my wife has the rover and i really do like the ride.

anyone have the mdx?

anyone done any escalade changes to improve the tracking??

We have had an MDX since last August. I haven't driven many other SUV's so I don't have a lot of room for comparison. But, it is certainly an improvement over our '97 Explorer Sport.
smile.gif

My brother has a Lexus RX300. There is no competition between that and the MDX. The MDX is faster, stronger, bigger, but still has a very smooth ride (and it's a bit cheaper).

We've put 10000 miles on our MDX and, so far, have no complaints.

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
10,500 miles
No Mods

thanks for the feedback... i went to buy a mdx when trading in the 3.2tl, and the dealer really irked me(this was in nov 2000).

first, there were no test drives available.

second, they insisted on wholesale trade-in on the tl, which i had bought from them and had paid sticker for because i believed in the value for the low sticker. that car had a lot for the money, and was selling well at the time. (the only car i ever paid sticker for).

third, they insisted on full sticker for the mdx. when i questioned paying full sticker for the mdx after paying full on the tl one year earlier, they said that they now had too many tl's, it was no longer hot, and the mdx was in limited supply.

in short, sorry about your tl being a car we dont want one year later, we'll only give you wholesale. sorry about the mdx being hot, but we're going to charge you sticker for it. sorry about not working with you, but we can sell this mdx to anyone.

Sooooo, i went one block away and bought the escalade two weeks later. i got the escalade for 39k and got 1200$ over wholesale for the tl.

thanks for the feedback... i went to buy a mdx when trading in the 3.2tl, and the dealer really irked me(this was in nov 2000).

first, there were no test drives available.

second, they insisted on wholesale trade-in on the tl, which i had bought from them and had paid sticker for because i believed in the value for the low sticker. that car had a lot for the money, and was selling well at the time. (the only car i ever paid sticker for).

third, they insisted on full sticker for the mdx. when i questioned paying full sticker for the mdx after paying full on the tl one year earlier, they said that they now had too many tl's, it was no longer hot, and the mdx was in limited supply.

in short, sorry about your tl being a car we dont want one year later, we'll only give you wholesale. sorry about the mdx being hot, but we're going to charge you sticker for it. sorry about not working with you, but we can sell this mdx to anyone.

Sooooo, i went one block away and bought the escalade two weeks later. i got the escalade for 39k and got 1200$ over wholesale for the tl.

anyone else have this experience with an acura dealer? man those guys ticked me off...

the sales guy who sold me the tl and who i talked to about the mdx was nice but the manager was a short sighted guy.

sorry to go on, but with the 12 vehicles ive bought this was the only negative experience....

Originally posted by huckster:
anyone else have this experience with an acura dealer? man those guys ticked me off...

the sales guy who sold me the tl and who i talked to about the mdx was nice but the manager was a short sighted guy.

sorry to go on, but with the 12 vehicles ive bought this was the only negative experience....

We don't have an Acura dealer here in Evansville so I have worked with a few out of town dealers. I got a 2001 CL-S from Oxmoor Acura in Louisville Ky, we got the MDX from Columbia Acura in Cincinnati, and my NSX came from Gary Force Acura in Nashville/Brentwood. Also, while visiting family in Chicago we drove up to Woodfield and talked to them about an RSX. (can you tell I'm a fan of Acura?)

Overall, I had a great experience with all of these Acura dealers. The dealer in Louisville was a little puzzled when I called asking about prices on an NSX. They don't deal with many NSX's there.

My only complaint with Columbia Acura in Cincy is that their complimentary car wash during service visits is a joke. I know it's free, but the grunt who washes my wife's MDX obviously doesn't care about his job. Next time we go there, I am going to refuse the car wash. That idiot is probably scratching the paint.

By far, my favorite of the bunch is Gary Force. Their service people and their sales consultants have been the best I have ever worked with.

Matt

Back