Enzo on MTV's Hilfiger show

Anyone see last nights episode of Rich Girls?
It happened to seg-way on after Real World. It's a reality based show following Tommy Hilfiger's daughter around.

Tommy happened to take her down to the Ferrari Dealership where he picked up his new Enzo. They had him checking it out, getting some production stats, and then having the salesman give him a ride to his house to show him how to drive it. He commented on how such an expensive car had roll down windows.

He then took it out for a drive with his daughter. They had some real nice shots. The car looked awesome!

Tommy seemed most concerned about wether Ralph Lauren bought one too. I think they said 300 made worldwide, only 80 for the states and the price was $400k (I think)

check it out when they run repeats on the weekends.

I believe the cars were only offered to Ferrari's most valued customers, though its not surprising to see them for resale already as I'm sure there were more than 80 interested parties in the U.S. Did you catch where Tommy asks the salesman if they got the wire transfer? I guess he's not financing;)

Nate

They have been offered in the DuPont Registry for prices right arounf the seven figure mark. Retail was in the high $600,000 range. I believe that you had to petition Ferrari for the right to buy one. You had to have bought and own at least 3 other Ferrari's, and there was talk of people going out and buying 3 new Ferrari's just to gt their hands on the Enzo. I also know that Ferrari wouldn't allow any testing of the car by the automotive press. the two full reviews I have read were done on private cars where the owners allowed a magazine to test the car. there were 349 produced worldwide. I don't know how many made it to our shores, but I do know Michael Schuemacher has # 001, and was instumental in the development of the car.

in NYC

I was in NYC 2 weeks ago and there was one in Time Square, BROKE DOWN due to over heating issues because of the scatter shield and some minor parts coming off over heating the engine bay and motor. It actually is a nice car EYE CANDY to see one. I still prefer the f40 and f50.

Big_nate said:
Did you catch where Tommy asks the salesman if they got the wire transfer? I guess he's not financing;)

Nate

yeah, I heard that. :)

I guess I misheard the price. MTV was hopping in and out of different views/discussions w/ their editting.

Exotic Imports (DC area) has two they're offereing at $1.2 a piece last time I checked. If you notice in the show, they say they hadn't received the wirte transfer yet but that was okay (I mean come on, it's Tommy Hilfiger). So he drove out of there without even paying for it...must be nice.

Conor

Back