Emblem placement question

Recently bought a 2019 NSX and the emblems were removed because the entire car was PPF'd, but they included the loose emblems. Does anyone know of a template to reinstall these emblems? Or do new ones (which i don't mind buying) include a template? I don't see any holes or indentations to line these up for the front and rear. thanks!

I am in the same situation. The original emblems were adhered with adhesive tape only. I know there is a template. In one of the videos at the Acura Factory a perspective owner is shown using a template to adhere the rear badge. If you hear of anything let me know. The only other way is to find a car with the badge and with a sheet of paper cover the badge and then press to create an outline with edges of the body and the badge. Should give you an approximation on where to place it. I am having mine redone with a carbon fiber look.

I had full PPF applied on my 2019, and the company simply measured the distances from the emblems to panel edges to determine where to reattach the emblems. Perhaps I can take some measurements and pictures when I get the time and post them here.

Yeah, that'd be awesome if you could measure them

I had full PPF applied on my 2019, and the company simply measured the distances from the emblems to panel edges to determine where to reattach the emblems. Perhaps I can take some measurements and pictures when I get the time and post them here.

I ended up just placing it by eye. The emblem is not flat and is supposed to fit the contour of the car. I looked at some photos of cars with the emblem and then just eyeballed it made sure it was centered. I think it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpg
    IMG_3036.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
I wish there was a way to easily swap the Acura for Honda badges all around and on the steering wheel :(

for anyone interested, the bottom of the front emblem is 45mm from the edge of the hood, and the top of the rear emblem is 38mm from the edge of the red taillight housing

Back