Electrical Guru's

I'm in need of assistance in diagnosing I think battery drain. As in I'm pretty sure I have one, I bought a habor freight multimeter "maybe mistake number 1 since it was $6", and all the videos' on youtube use settings that I can't seem to figure out to set on mine.

Two reasons I'm trouble shooting this now is I recently had a bettery completely drained from sitting on a battery tender JR. After about 3 months of sitting it was totally dead.

Since then I replaced the battery, and also upgraded to a battery tender PLUS and it charges to full since the green light turns to solid, unlike the previous JR whose light was always that yellow/orange and was NEVER green.

The other reason is I'm moving and my cars going to be put in storage for a while and I'm trying to take care of small things.

Is there anyone around the PA area that knows how to use a multimeter/has one that's not my $6 one and diagnose batteries that's willing to lend a hand?

Steve,
Call me. By the way, for car stuff the $6 Harbor Freight meters work fine, but the current scale is easy to blow out. (Their $6 battery float chargers also work OK - one kept my battery healthy over the winters for 10 years).
Frank

Back