Ecstasy and Agony

Wow, gas guzzler tax of $7,700! I guess it doesn't really matter if you can afford this little gem.

:eek: WOW something for free - N/C for the "All Weather Coolant" :eek:

345 rear tires?? Those are some wide tires.. :eek:

The gas guzzler tax isn't too bad. Like getting a set of $6000 carbon-ceramic brake pads or 10 Enzo oil changes.

The owner probably has a couple grand lying around in their italian leather sofas or something that they could use to pay off the tax.

:)

I'm not buying unless they delete the prep and delivery charge for 450! :D

Hey Lud I haven't seen one of these in person, what do you think of the way it looks?

Initially I thought it was ugly, but it's grown on me a bit. I remember the first 360 pics I saw I thought it was ugly, then it grew on me and when I saw one in person I really grew to like it. Perhaps the Enzo is the same.

The owner probably doesn't even get to see the itemized charges. My boss took delivery of an Aston Martin Vanquish 6 months ago. When asked how much it was, he said he frankly didn't know. To him, it is similar to me driving up to the Carl's Junior for a meal deal.

So Guzzler tax, 6 miles to 61 miles per gallon probably never really enter the new owner's mind. Now cup holder is another matter when he/she cruises to Vegas with a cappuccino in hand.

ANYTIME said:
6 to 10 MPG in the City
and
9 to 61 MPG on the highway? Must be a typo on the 61?

Apparently the way to get up to 61 MPG on the highway is to drive it on the highway as shown in the first photo :D

I wonder if they gig you after you make the final deal for the mats like on another exotic car I know.

:)

Between the aerodynamics of the car, and the fact that you are probably just above idle in top gear going 55, I wouldn't be surprised by the 61 peak mpg rating. OK, who wants to each put in $300 to get NSXPrime one of these? :)

Not quite 61 mpg on the highway

ANYTIME said:
6 to 10 MPG in the City
and
9 to 61 MPG on the highway? Must be a typo on the 61?

Those are the range of ratings for "comparable" cars in the Two Seater class including the Honda Insight:D, Miata, Boxster, Acura NSX:cool:,
etc.

The actual Enzo EPA ratings are 8 city / 12 highway / 9 combined.

I really goofed

OK, I have not really wanted to post this fumble of mine, but here goes.

Did a weekend event at VIR in April with the Alfa Club and Vintage sports car people (watching an actual 1917? Bugatti at speed in Nascar is a hoot) and the Ferrari club was on the south course.

Did not make it up until lunch Saturday due to work, and left right after my last session due to very dark clouds and having to drive home without windshield wipers and riding on worn Kumhos. During the day I had heard this un-Godly wail coming from the south course, but just figured it was one of the challenge cars running though the gears on the straight:rolleyes:

Come in Sunday morning bright and early and what do I see leaving the south paddock area but a bright yellow Enzo. I almost missed a shift and barely missed the bushes by the side of the entrance road. Asked a couple of my friends who had driven up the the south course Saturday and they said yes, it had been there, and actually ran the course several times, and even played chase (or really catch me if you can) with a brand new Diablo!!!! I I had missed the whole deal:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back to the reason for the post! The car looks absolutely awesome in person, albeit when only seen for a few seconds meeting it on the road. If you ever get to see one in person, do it!

Re: I really goofed

ncdogdoc said:
Asked a couple of my friends who had driven up the the south course Saturday and they said yes, it had been there, and actually ran the course several times, and even played chase (or really catch me if you can) with a brand new Diablo!!!! I

Heck ya nothing will catch it.....its a GTP car in street clothing. The ungodly wail you heard was the Enzo most likley sucking the pavement off the course in its wake.

Back