Ebay Scam...

Just in case anyone was bidding on this...it's a scam. I have been communicating via email with the "seller" all day. He is saying all the right things and right now I have an invoice from ebay stating all I have to do is deposit $40K into an ebay account. I can then pick up the car and test drive it for 15 days. After 15 days if I decide to keep the car the $40K would then be released to the seller...

I told the seller I would fly out with a $40K cashiers check and drive the car back to Texas...so far that's not an option for him:)

The bank that he wants me to deposit the money in is located in Las Vegas. The car is located in Yardley, PA.

Here's the link to ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think the scam would be you offering a seller $40k for a 2004 with 14k miles. :cool:

The current bid is for 44.2k and reserve hasn't been met.

I think the scam would be you offering a seller $40k for a 2004 with 14k miles. :cool:

The current bid is for 44.2k and reserve hasn't been met.

In the body of the ad it shows $40K for quick sale...

If this was not a scam I would own this car by week end for $40K. I have received 13 emails from the seller...and I still can't bring him a cashiers check...he states the ebay auction will end when I make a $40K deposit. I emailed him on the car when the auction first opened...

everytime I see these ads I wish I can reach thru the computer and hold this persons neck really tight LOL

If this is really a scam, and ends up a succesful one, I am really sorry for the victim. This is a hell of a lot of money....

If not, great deal, but..

Just as a thought, Cashier's check can be counterfeit- happens all of the time. The safest way to do it for the seller, if you actually see/drive the car and still want it, is wire transfer. I would not accept a cashier's check for my car when I sold it.

Just as a thought, Cashier's check can be counterfeit- happens all of the time. The safest way to do it for the seller, if you actually see/drive the car and still want it, is wire transfer. I would not accept a cashier's check for my car when I sold it.

Cashiers checks and Certified checks can be CANCELLED as well, be careful. Wait for them to CLEAR the bank before releasing the car and Title.

+1
when i was purchasing my car, the buyer would not take a cashiers check for nothing, NOT even after talking to my bank rep:eek: , so i had to wire the money and then drive down the next day.

C'mon guys, this is NOT a scam....he KNOWS the car will sell for over $40k so he lists it there....

I saw this exact ad in cars.com and it's asking price is $68k roughly which is about right for a 2004.

No one will give away a car that's is worth 20k more at least. He probably set the reserve at 40k?

oh and I've sold many cars and no way will I ever take a cashier check and let you drive the car away...those days are gone now with all the fake checks. LET ME REPEAT MYSELF THE ONLY SAFE WAY TO GET FUNDS IS TO DO A WIRE TRANSFER FROM ONE BANK TO ANOTHER AND WAIT 2 DAYS TO CONFIRM DEPOSIT!

RICK

I hope your joking on not thinking it's a scam:)

C'mon guys, this is NOT a scam....he KNOWS the car will sell for over $40k so he lists it there....

I saw this exact ad in cars.com and it's asking price is $68k roughly which is about right for a 2004.

No one will give away a car that's is worth 20k more at least. He probably set the reserve at 40k?

oh and I've sold many cars and no way will I ever take a cashier check and let you drive the car away...those days are gone now with all the fake checks. LET ME REPEAT MYSELF THE ONLY SAFE WAY TO GET FUNDS IS TO DO A WIRE TRANSFER FROM ONE BANK TO ANOTHER AND WAIT 2 DAYS TO CONFIRM DEPOSIT!

RICK

why would you even waste your time? 40k for a 2004 is a stupid deal and would never happen, i cant believe you sat behind your computer all day knowing it was a scam but went through the steps anyway, that baffles me. just report it to ebay and move on....

why would you even waste your time? 40k for a 2004 is a stupid deal and would never happen, i cant believe you sat behind your computer all day knowing it was a scam but went through the steps anyway, that baffles me. just report it to ebay and move on....

I probably spent a total of 10 minutes behind the computer...I enjoyed screwing with him...he probably thought he had a sucker...

It's probably time to close this thread:)

I've got the 2004 Black NSX on ebay and Im in Houston, not too far from Dallas if you're interested. We are at 57k and change, very near my reserve, have a couple of offers at 58k but they haven't arranged a deposit or for an inspection of the car.

Back