eBay NA1 to NA2 Headlight Conversion...Anyone try it?

I was browsing on eBay and ran into these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160323460340

Has anyone tried these? They seem very interesting to me but $1500?!

239890108_tp.jpg

239890071_tp.jpg

239890002_tp.jpg

Ok, I'll be the first smarta$$ to say it, there's no such thing as an NA1 headlight.

NA1 and NA2 are engine designations. You are referring to pre and post '02 headlights. :wink:

you are correct sir. NA1 is 91-96, NA2 97+.

The stock look is better than that.

hideous? ya that is an understatement who in their right mind would put those fish eyes on their car?? what to save a buck? go buy a civic

That's also not correct. They made NA1 right through to 2005.

NA1 is 91-05, NA2 97+.

Actually I'll be another smarta$$ and say I think you're all incorrect. The NA1/NA2 refers to the car's chassis or frame code.

The Engine code is different.
The 3.0L V6 with engine code C30A was in 1991-2005 models in the US (Automatic models in 1997+)
The 3.2L V6 with engine code C32B was in 1997-2005 manual models in the US

Back to the question at hand. . .no i haven't tried these headlights.

I had followed the initial thread for those lights when they were being developed. A lot of input was given, some people did some decent photoshops for the manufacturer but in the end they turned out pretty well exactly the way originally presented. Its a shame as there is definitely a market for exposed headlights for the pre-'02's. Scorp's old setup was ideal, and I like the Marga Hills idea too, but for some reason its impossible for anyone to make a new version of them. :confused:

only if they made the lens a little bit lower then i'll probably take a bite !!

also, hapa 88 (adrian)

you were pretty bold telling 99 rs that without being a smartXXX he is incorrect. actaully he is correct and you are no. NA1's are 91-05's as he states (97-05 autos are na1's) na2's as he states are 97-05 (when they are manual). anyway only posting this becuase you had to make a big deal about it when in fact he was right and you were incorrect.

back to headlights. thanks scorp for the great pic's of manneys headlights from today.

Looks like you should have bought an 02+ from the looks of the rims and lights.

Finally NORMAL DESCENT pictures of those lights ....

Oscar

maybe smoked .. or body colored could look better? .. hummm

also, hapa 88 (adrian)

you were pretty bold telling 99 rs that without being a smartXXX he is incorrect. actaully he is correct and you are no. NA1's are 91-05's as he states (97-05 autos are na1's) na2's as he states are 97-05 (when they are manual). anyway only posting this becuase you had to make a big deal about it when in fact he was right and you were incorrect.

back to headlights. thanks scorp for the great pic's of manneys headlights from today.

Whoa, slow down there socalx!

The "smarta$$" reference was from ChopJazz's #4 post.
Ok, I'll be the first smarta$$ to say it, there's no such thing as an NA1 headlight.

Taken in that context. . . reread my post and tell me where I'm incorrect.

Hapa,

i'll do what you said.

you say that na1/na2 is the cars chassis code (you are wrong)

read this.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Decoding_an_NSX_VIN

you will see that the na1/na2 is actually the engine code

you will also notice that the 8th digit in the vin is the trime level, coupe, zanardi etc.

none of this is personal, just all the mis information posted in this thread is only confusing people.

Sorry.

Tom

Back