Ebay car jh4na1180tt000269

Re: Ebay car

What makes you think it might be fraud?

For archival purposes, I am noting the VIN as jh4na1180tt000269, and that it had been wrecked and is now listed as a theft recovery w/39148 mi.

Up for bids is a very cool looking 1996 Acura NSX T targa theft recovery. As you can see it is red with black leather. It is fully loaded, 5 speed, all power, and it is the Targa model. It has a clean title on hand ready which shows 39,141 actual miles. That is also what is showing on the odometer.

I do have the clear title on hand now, email me if you want a copy of it emailed or faxed to you. Also it states that the car had prior salvage at one time, however it is now being sold with a CLEAN TITLE. I have not run a Carfax report on the car so I am not positive if it truly shows prior salvage or not. Whether it does or not the fact that it has a clean title at this point will override any previous salvage history. Also as you can see it states that the car runs and that the damage type states "strip." I believe it was a partially stripped theft recovery as stated in the auction. By the sounds of it some of the parts must have been taken off of it and once it was recovered the parts were put back in or on the car. The drives side door is loose and needs lined up and bolted into position. The car is missing the following parts, the armrest on the drivers door panel, the plastic storage compartment that sets between the seats and the plastic panel under the dash. The rear glass needs aligned and tightened. Also you can see in the pics the left corner of the wing and rear lights is damaged. But the wing would be an easy fix and the rear light has been repaired. There are misc. dents or dings around the car. I guess what you would expect from a theft recovery. The spare tire is missing from the front compartment and also the midg assy windshield lower is missing. All the cables and wires to open hood, trunk...are working properly but just need a switch to function it.

As you can see it is very dirty and dusty. The car does start up. It drives but the clutch is slipping. Therefore after you won the bid you have to get it repaired.

Attachments

• 63_1_b.jpg
    63_1_b.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 1a_1_b.jpg
    1a_1_b.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 2f_1_b.jpg
    2f_1_b.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 3d_1_b.jpg
    3d_1_b.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 240
  • c2_1_b.jpg
    c2_1_b.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 236

More pics

Attachments

• 6b_1_b.jpg
    6b_1_b.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 1d_1_b.jpg
    1d_1_b.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 37_1_b.jpg
    37_1_b.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 230
  • a9_1_b.jpg
    a9_1_b.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 235
  • f8_1_b.jpg
    f8_1_b.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 227

I don't think it's necessarily fraud, but even if it's not, I sure don't want it. Looks like it might have been reassembled from more than one car, judging by the fact that the two B pillars are different colors. God only knows what actually happened to it, but I take it as meaningful that there is actual damage in places.

I think Luke Skywalker said it best.

(If you take the guy's report of theft recovery at face value, you've gotta feel bad for him, though. That would suck.)

I guess it depends on how you define "fraud". It sounds from this paragraph (with which, incidentally, I don't agree) like the seller is making a full disclosure (good), but also claiming that the car has a clear title (bad):

"I do have the clear title on hand now, email me if you want a copy of it emailed or faxed to you. Also it states that the car had prior salvage at one time, however it is now being sold with a CLEAN TITLE. I have not run a Carfax report on the car so I am not positive if it truly shows prior salvage or not. Whether it does or not the fact that it has a clean title at this point will override any previous salvage history."

Also, it's very clear (from the presence/absence of snow) that the various photos of the car were taken at different points in time.

Back