Ebay 2000 Yellow Pikes Peak Acura JH4NA2161YT000146

Ebay 2000 Yellow Pikes Peak Acura

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485784783&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Not to hate on any single car, but I have personally seen this car, and in MY opinion, this car is not as described. Please go look at this car before you put your hard earned money out for this just on their word that the car is "FLAWLESS."

Kinda wonder why their first auction has been made private? Possibly so prospective buyers can't be warned about this vehicle?

Maybe ask them for some better close up pictures of the seat bolsters, not those darken ones on Ebay.

Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. My buddy was thinking about flying out and taking a look at it.
Can you post pics of your silver car. It's one of my favorite NSX colors. What does 4x4 mean?

The reason it is a 4 X 4 is because I have a friend that has more money than God, and when he saw my NSX for the first time he said the stock ride was so high I could use it to 4 X 4.

I just found it so funny that I added it to my profile. If stock looks like a 4 X 4 than that is what I have, and I will enjoy it! :D

Man the pictures sure make the car look flawless. Could you please give a brief narrative of what you saw?
Thanks,

I would rather not dump on their auction online here. I just wanted to let people know that in my opinion the car is NOT in the condition the auction describes. The salesmen there are the exact, stereotypical salespeople we have all heard about.

If anyone is serious about purchasing this car please go look at it and make your own opinions.

I would state what I saw and list the pics, but I could just be too picky as the salesman told me.

If you are not worried about a "few" scratches, and rock chips, heck it may be a great deal. I think the ad states it is "perfect, and nearly flawless."

Pikes Peak Salesman XXX (name deleted) said, "What do you expect for a 4 year old car?" Certainly not this as I walked out.

This car also does not come with the changer, or the keyless entry either. Just a couple little items that can add up to big bucks on top of their premium price. Items most people assume would come with a car that was $90K new.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35469

Last edited:
I lived in Colorado Springs for 5 years. Pikes Peak Acura was typically an overpriced and arrogant dealership to deal with. I bought about 6 vehicles from that Auto Circle off of I-25, but NEVER from PP Acura.

schuey1010 said:
If you are not worried about a "few" scratches, and rock chips, heck it may be a great deal. I think the ad states it is "perfect, and nearly flawless."

Pikes Peak Salesman XXX (name deleted) said, "What do you expect for a 4 year old car?" Certainly not this as I walked out.

This car also does not come with the changer, or the keyless entry either. Just a couple little items that can add up to big bucks on top of their premium price. Items most people assume would come with a car that was $90K new.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35469

Not to be a jerk, but they have a point. True that they shouldnt say "flawless" or "perfect", but are you telling me that on a 4 year old car with some mileage you dont expect a few scratches and chips?

Also, you may assume those items would come with a $90k car, but they don't. Complain to Acura that they werent stock. My 03 didnt come with them either. And they dont carry a huge premium on the aftermarket.

So far, I havent heard a single thing that should cause someone to immediately run away from this car or that should be justification for you to go out of your way to post a strong warning. Just my 2 cents for anyone who may read this thread.

If a few scratches and/or rock chips scare you away, then you shouldnt be in the market for a used car. Come up with the cash to buy a new one.

For anyone interested, here is the text on the car condition from the auction:

"The NSX is nearly perfect -- the only flaws on the car are very slight scuffing on the under side of the front air dam (very common on all NSXs) and one tiny rock chip on the back edge of the targa top. The chip doesn't show up on camera and is very hard to see. It would probably need to be pointed out to be noticed. The rest of the car is perfect, inside & out! "

I'm sorry, but if you are so unsure of yourself that you refuse to provide detail about your opinioin when asked, then you should not have posted anything negative to begin with.

IMO, it's unfare to us readers and to the dealer to be warned, but then when asked for more details be told.. go see for yourself. To many of us thats just not practical.

pikespeak.jpg

OK Mike, then here goes.

Is this picture "very slight scuffing on the under side of the front air dam (very common on all NSXs)?" Is this the under side of the air dam? This looks to me to be on the bumper.

are you telling me that on a 4 year old car with some mileage you dont expect a few scratches and chips?

Its a four year old NSX with 14K miles. It's not like it has 60K miles like the one at Glendale Mitsubishi. Come on.

I will list the faults with this perfect, flawless 14K mile car.

1. Front bumper near lower lip scratched nicely
  2. Noticable scratch on passenger side headlight
  3. Scratches under both door handles
  4. Scratches / door dings drivers side rear quarter
  5. Scratches / paint chips on two corners of targa top
  6. Paint faded on corners from sitting in holder
  7. Seat and bolster wear not consistent with a 14K mile vehicle
    [/list=1]

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head that was wrong with it. I was just trying to help some people out here who may be interested.

To me, when I hear flawless, perfect as they state, it should be that way. A car can't be flawless and perfect unless they are no scratches, problems, or door dings.

Yes, in my opinion, a NSX that is stated as FLAWLESS and PERFECT, should be just that! I have seen 91's with 100K miles that look more flawless, and perfect than this example.

To answer your questions, yes THEY should not have written flawless and perfect, that is why I started the thread to tell everyone that this 2000 NSX is not as stated. OK?

Thank you, and IMO you are correct in your judgment. I'd be disappointed in that car if I went to see it expecting a "near flawless" car. Just last night I saw a 91 NSX that to me looked like new and didn't have those faults.

Thanks for sharing.

I've looked at and driven the car at Pike's Peak Acura. It has an air box and exhaust that sound great. I'm going to have the same put on my 2004 this fall. I don't recall what the setup is on the car, but it sounds fantastic. When I was looking at it, they wanted $69,500 for it!!!!!! Now they are asking $57,900 I believe, which is more reasonable. The car is in above average condition, but certainly not flawless.
I told them twice that I wanted to buy or lease a new NSX from them. They would not come close to any other dealers I talked to in terms of price. They are the closest Acura dealer, and I really wanted to give them my business, but they would not budge on the price. At a gathering this summer, the owner and sales staff really rolled out the red carpet for us NSX owners. I was down on them as a dealership before that, but now I will certainly take my NSX to them for service. When I buy my next NSX, I'll give them the first shot, but if they BS me again, I will go elsewhere again. I can tell you that the car has been on their showroom floor since Feb. or March. I would assume they would like to move it. So, make them an offer in the low 50s. They might bite, and that would be a great deal on a nice car.

Spa Yellow for Sale in Colorado Springs

I have seen this car also...and, have a 97 yellow myself...so, I know what to look for...

If anyone in the Prime Family is interested, let me know via PM...I'll drive down from Denver and take all the pics and REALLY go through it for you...

As I recall, it was a little rough, but not bad...like Chris said, a low 50's bid is probably realistic for the condition and mileage...

let me know as either myself or another NSX owner in Denver can help you out...Mike

Now that's what I'm talking about! If you are going to comment about a car that is available, please make it an observation of actual defects or damage that are items we cann all relate to. I know it will help somone decide if that car is one they should or should not consider. For me, those things would not scare me off, just help me set the price I would pay. I agree that something in the low to mid 50s is probably where this car belongs.

I know where schuey1010 is coming from.

I wasted a day driving to look at a 97 red NSX that the salesman said was "absolutly like new" no disappointments, flawless.

I was disgusted. It had hard cracked leather, lots of stone chips, a cracked tail light lens with moisture condensed inside, no maintenance records, and the black rub strip was hanging down an inch below the bumper.

If someone would have warned me it would have saved me a day.

Thanks

I live in Colorado Springs and can go look at the car if anyone is interested in it. I have had a lot of dealings with this dealership and I personally would never buy another car from them or even let them service my honda lawnmower.

Back