Early 90's Nsx Vs. 2003/04 Z4

I wanted to see if anyone could comment on the differences in driving experience between an early 90's stock NSX and a 2003/04 BMW Z4. Yes, I know, there is a 15 year difference in technology and design but does that translate into anything substantial when it comes to the driving experience. Both can be found in the $25k-$35k price range. Has anyone ever considered/compared these two vechicles side by side? Please no flaming. I'm just looking for driving impressions. Thanks.

Another poster here on Prime summed it pretty well when he compared the Z4 to a clown's shoe. Do you really want to be seen in public driving that hideous little thing?

Go test drive a Z4 then take an X out for a drive. You'll be able to answer your own question.

This topic has been recently discussed here by the way:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66179

You cannot compare the NSX to the Z4.

No offense, but I took the BMW Z4 for a few test drive 2.5 years ago (both auto and manual), was almost on the verge of buying one. The BMW salesperson called me weekly to see if I was ready to pull the trigger.

Fortunately I held off and bought the NSX a few months later.

The NSX is a completely different beast compared to the Z4. The Z4 is a nice top down cruiser, but its performance in no way can be compared to the NSX.

The NSX and Z4 are two completely different cars. The Z4 is in the same class as the S2000. I would rather buy the S2000 than the Z3/Z4. Oh wait, I did :tongue:.

I test drove a Z4 about a year ago. It was a nice little car, and i could maybe see it for a daily driver around town. However, it didn't really do anything special for me. The NSX is a special car. It is so much nicer in every single category.

The Z4 has a very tight chassis and the steering feel is very direct and precise. I always enjoyed driving the one my GF used to have. (2005 2.5i) It was much improved over the Z3.

That said, it is not in the same league as the NSX. Given the choice there is no question which I would pick, and its not the Z4.

Psychobiology said:
The NSX and Z4 are two completely different cars. The Z4 is in the same class as the S2000. I would rather buy the S2000 than the Z3/Z4. Oh wait, I did :tongue:.
:biggrin: me too

Z4 is a very nice car and in no way is it a clown shoe. If it is a clown shoe then so is the Viper, Corvette and Z8.
It looks good in black driven by a woman topless.

Tony Montoya said:
Z4 is a very nice car and in no way is it a clown shoe. If it is a clown shoe then so is the Viper, Corvette and Z8.
It looks good in black driven by a woman topless.

. . . and even better in silver driven by a topless woman . . .:biggrin:

brahtw8 said:
. . . and even better in silver driven by a topless woman . . .:biggrin:
I prefer my women with tops, whether they were clothes or not!!!!!:biggrin:

Back