Dyno results of DC sports header on 02 Nsx PLUS dyno of Comptech muffler vs stock

First off, modifications done before the DC Sports headers, Cantrell intake system, K&N filter, Comptech exhaust.

I heard a lot about how everyone thought that headers were not beneficial to 97+'s but the dyno results show that they do help ! Not as much as on earlier models though (of course).

Anyhow, the headers didnt change peak numbers much, but it did change the overall power levels between 3-8 hp in many different areas across the board. Also, this dyno graph shows elapsed time across the power range, and you can see that after adding headers, the elapsed time across the rpm range was cut shorter by nearly a quarter of a second. So its now taking less time to reach redline than before.

Intake and muffler -= blue line
Intake, muffler, headers - red line

stockheadervsdcsportstimeelapse.jpg

Now for those of you whod like to see what the comptech muffler did, take a look at this dyno graph. Here we have cantrell intake duct with filter, which is the lowest line (blue line), then we have the comptech muffler line (red line), and on top which is the dc sports header line (green line). Suprisingly enough, the muffler added more power than headers.

stockvscomptechvsdcsportsdyno.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the dyno graphs that I scanned in, and I hope this puts some of you 97+ Nsx owners at ease wether to buy, or not to buy headers.

Overall, with intake&filter, headers and muffler ive gained close to 18 hp at the wheels, and 15 lbs of torque. The car sounds really good now, still somewhat conservative, and its made the car even more fun to drive now ! Im very pleased with the results.

Modernceo said:
Suprisingly enough, the muffler added more power than headers.

That is not suprising at all to me. On earlier cars, the headers make a bigger difference. On 97 up the exhaust would make a bigger difference vs. the new improved factory headers. Just like you have proven.

Nonetheless, I bet the car is really fun to drive!

thanks for the graph, i think my next mod will be an exhaust :eek: 18hp with only IE is awesome.

Modernceo said:
Overall, with intake&filter, headers and muffler ive gained close to 18 hp at the wheels, and 15 lbs of torque. The car sounds really good now, still somewhat conservative, and its made the car even more fun to drive now ! Im very pleased with the results.

Modernceo,

Thanks for the scientific reporting of the dyno results; it makes them actually useful to others!! My 91 is still stock, but I am on the fence about doing the I/H/E.. I wish I could find a similarly scientific look at a 3.0L motor as I am not overly thrilled with putting headers on the car.

-Jeremy

Modern-

Thank you very much. To date, I've seen a lot of dyno's for NA1 cars and very few on NA2. This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Many thanks.

PS - Just because I'm curious... any particular reason you chose the DC header over the Comptech header esp. since you're running the Comptech Exhaust?

Although its expensive to do all this dyno testing, im glad that everyone can appreciate the results. I totally agree with everyone that there is a severe lack of dyno results for the Na2 as well.

Hapa, I chose DC Sports because the company I own which distributes automotive parts and accesories has a warehouse distributorship account and we got a really good price on it. After seeing the header, I was amazed at the quality of the piece. Take a look at pictures of it here :
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=467593#post467593

Thank you all for your warm thanks and positive comments !

I am also thinking about the DC headers, but I have heard that DC headers will crack after about one year....
and I have also heard that the manufacturer improved their design so that it will not crack. Do you guys know if it is true?

Thanks

NSXER119 said:
I am also thinking about the DC headers, but I have heard that DC headers will crack after about one year....
and I have also heard that the manufacturer improved their design so that it will not crack. Do you guys know if it is true?

Thanks

From what ive read, the DC sports headers that cracked were much older designs, ie, late nineties.

Fyi, took a look at some pictures I have taken of the headers.

http://www.modernperformance.com/cory/02Nsx/DCheaders/

Thanks for the info. I was on the fence deciding whether or not to purchase headers, and you've helped me in my decision.

Back