Dyno locations in SoCal

If you don't mind going to Ontario then Bisimoto would be a very good place. He has the Dynopack 3000 that bolts on to your hubs.

http://www.bisimoto.com/

Auto Wave in Huntington Beach - not in LA but close enough. They have the equipment and experience to dyno your NSX. They have done N/A, turbocharged and supercharged NSXs.

Thanks Gents. They're both on my radar but was just hoping to find someone not so far. Asides from convenience (I plan to make multiple visits), I'd like to avoid driving too long of a distance on a base tune if possible.

I've found a couple but i'm not sure if they've ever strapped in an NSX before...

Regan, if you're expecting to go back several times because you're testing something, try to avoid any that uses a strap-down dyno because the strap tension can change the reading each time. This will make it difficult for you to track progress or changes. I've had my readings drop as much as 30whp between dynos.

Thanks Graeme and Danny.

I've heard lots of great things about Bisi from trusted sources so they're definitely my backup. If only they were closer!

Has anyone had experience with using Mitch @ AEM?

I've also got a question out to Jon Martin and Jon Kuroyama.

I find it very interesting that so many people are recommending Bisi. I kept hearing nothing but good things about him so I gave him a call about 9 months ago. I told him I had an NSX with an FIC but was thinking about switching over to a full EMS and wanted him to tune it. To my surprise, he said he wouldn’t tune the car because AEM does not have a specific application for the NSX. I explained to him that there are vendors who have created a direct plug and play harness for the FIC and EMS so I would just need him to tune it…. Not cut and splice all the wires. He said hooking it up is not the issue; the issue is that AEM does not have any sort of base map for the NSX to get him started. I even told him that I currently have the FIC installed and working…. I just wanted it dialed in a bit more, but he still said no:confused:.

Bottom line is that Bisi refused to tune my car because he said AEM does not have a supported base map application:confused:.

He was a nice guy though….:smile:

-Steve

This is all new territory for me but it's my understanding the "base" maps come from the vendor typically. For example, if you buy from SoS they will ship it with a base map to hobble your way to a local tuner. I would agree that AEM would probably not ship it with any type of base tune (how would they know? too many variables). I also think maybe Bisi just didn't want to tune an FI/C? Some tuners on here find them a pain in the butt or rather.. just not willing to put in the time to calibrate a piggyback.

That's just my guess

This is all new territory for me but it's my understanding the "base" maps come from the vendor typically. For example, if you buy from SoS they will ship it with a base map to hobble your way to a local tuner. I would agree that AEM would probably not ship it with any type of base tune (how would they know? too many variables). I also think maybe Bisi just didn't want to tune an FI/C? Some tuners on here find them a pain in the butt or rather.. just not willing to put in the time to calibrate a piggyback.

That's just my guess

That’s a good possibility that he just didn’t want to tune a piggy back system (I can understand that), but I also asked him about tuning a full EMS and he still said no because AEM didn't have a a base map application for the NSX:confused:.

It sucks because I hear he is one of the best tuners out there! Then I think, shouldn't a tuner of his caliber be able to create a base map tune from scratch:confused:

I just finished up a 2001 nsx with my plug and play AEM EMS running series 2 AEM EMS with methanol injection and CTSC. If you guys are looking for a place to dyno I have been building and tuning the nsx for over 10 years now. We are well versed in our nsx dyno library. If you need any help getting your nsx dynoed we can help. We have an in house chassi dyno. Dyno Dynamics

Mike@Autowave Inc.

Back